Perley Health is looking for Registered Practical Nurses to join our knowledgeable and professional team who are passionate about providing quality care. We are one of the largest and most progressive long-term care homes in Ontario. Perley Health includes 450 long-term care beds, a 12-bed Guest House providing respite care and a Seniors Village with 139 independent-living apartments for seniors. We proudly house and serve both Community and Veteran beds and stand by our core values, because ‘Together, we improve the well-being of people we serve.’
- What sets Perley Health apart from other long-term care homes?*
- We are an RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO)
- We are a recognized Centre of Excellence in Frailty-Informed Care
- We have achieved exemplary standing from Accreditation Canada
- We are reopening our Convalescent Program!
We also have many on site practice supports:
- Full time wound care resource nurse
- Full time Psychogeriatric team
- Full time Collaborative Practice Nurse; supports new nurses and supports education
- Offering many preceptorship placements for students pursuing careers in healthcare
Registered Practical Nurses must demonstrate the core competencies of nursing practice, working to the full scope of practice in the provision of resident care. The RPN’s work in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and foster a team approach in the delivery of care to meet our Long-Term Care resident needs.
The RPN’s play a part in leadership roles on an interdisciplinary team that delivers long term care resident care. This includes the completion of comprehensive bedside assessments and analysis of resident health records, and collaborating with the interdisciplinary care team to promote restorative nursing outcomes and achieve identified care goals.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a 2-year Community College Registered Practical Nurse Diploma
Certificates & Licenses
- In good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a recognized Registered Practical Nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Excellent care planning skills
- Excellent assessment skills and knowledge of common Chronic Illnesses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated CNO standard of documentation skills
- Demonstrated Critical Thinking Skills
- Proficient in Point Click Care (PCC) and Point of Care (POC)
- Completion of GPA, LEAP, or PIECES
- Restorative Nursing Knowledge
- IV Therapy Experience
- RNAO Champion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary team across health sectors
- Ability to teach others
Job Type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Temporary Full Time and Casual
Day Shifts: 7AM-3PM
Evening Shifts: 3PM-11PM
Night Shifts: 11PM-7AM
Salary: As per Collective Agreement - $29.69- $31.17
$1.20/hr shift premium for employees working evening and night schedules.
$25,000 CCPN bonus available for eligible hires able to commit a minimum of 2 years full-time employment. Details on eligibility can be found here:
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.
Job Types: Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $29.69-$31.17 per hour
- Do you have Advanced Foot Care Certification?
- Nursing license with the CNO? (preferred)
Work Location: In person