Harbourside Engineering Consultants is one of the fastest growing and highly respected Engineering firms in Atlantic Canada. With office locations in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Hamilton, Ontario, our firm specializes in the design of bridges, marine structures, buildings, heavy civil structures and erection engineering. Our projects are some of the most technically challenging and high profile projects in the region.
Harbourside Engineering is looking for the right individual to join our Hamilton office to help with this work and further expand our presence in the region. This opportunity will be both challenging and rewarding, providing the successful candidate with the ability to expand their design and business development skills while working as part of a young and dynamic team.
Junior / Intermediate Structural Engineer
· Analysis and design of various structures such as bridges, marine structures, cofferdams and retaining walls.
· Construction and erection engineering for heavy civil/structural projects.
· Carry out preliminary design option analysis and selection.
· Preparation of designs, drawings and technical specifications.
· Preparation of cost estimates.
· Writing of technical engineering reports.
· Carry out site visits to gather information, carry out construction site reviews and attend project design and construction meetings.
· Preparation of proposals.
· Project management of work assignments.
· Assist senior staff with marketing and sales of structural engineering services.
· Registered or is eligible to register with Professional Engineers Ontario.
· Strong technical structural engineering background.
· Familiar with applicable design standards such as CSA S6-19 “Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code”.
· Sound working knowledge of structural analysis tools and software such as S-Frame.
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering. A Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized professional with the ability to prioritize multiple work assignments. They will possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Experience with customer relationship management, dealing with contractors and conducting site reviews, attending project meetings, and coordinating with other organizations and consultants would be considered strong assets.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,144.47-$70,297.73 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- structural engineering: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person