What is Voyageur Aviation Corp.?
Unfamiliar with what we do? No worries, we've got you covered!
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo, and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
What we offer and what makes us special:
- ·We stand out as a leading company engaged in exceptionally distinctive projects, spanning captivating destinations worldwide, and collaborating with extraordinary and exclusive clients.
- We can turn your wildest imagination into reality, whether it's complete plane restructuring and modernization, complex maintenance, or a comprehensive plane redesign.
- Our team comprises the best, with unparalleled expertise. No one else on Earth can match what we achieve. We are true pioneers in avionic technology.
- Abundant growth opportunities await you here. Our employees choose to stay for the long term, thriving in a culture of continuous learning and boundless possibilities.
- We've got you covered! Our comprehensive benefits program is employer-paid and includes extended health care, out-of-country insurance, as well as life and disability coverage.
- Additionally, we offer a retirement pension plan, an employee and family assistance plan, and participation in the Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
Explore your next role:
As a key member of our Flight Operations team, the First Officer (King Air) will report to the Director, Flight Operations and will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our Beechcraft King Air 200. Allow yourself the opportunity to work on Canada's beautiful east coast!
Allow yourself the opportunity to work on Canada's beautiful east coast!
- Operate as the Second-in-Command on company aircraft and provide support to the Pilot-in-Command.
- Ensure parameters for operational control are maintained throughout flights.
- Maintain on-time performance and accomplish flight objectives.
- Safely operate company aircraft, ensuring the security of the passengers, crew, aircraft, and cargo.
- Liaise with the Pilot-in-Command, Voyageur’s Dispatch department, ATC, FSS, and customers.
- Ensure all necessary maps, charts, and navigation equipment and readily available on the aircraft.
- Maintain qualifications required to crew BE20 aircraft.
- Actively participate in safety briefings and utilize Voyageur’s Safety and Risk Management system.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, air regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Complete all required operational paperwork as needed.
Your Distinctive Ingredients for Success:
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Possess a valid CPL with IATRA or ATPL.
- Minimum 500 hours total time.
- Minimum 100 hours of multi-engine experience.
- Previous Garmin 1000 and/or EFIS experience is an asset.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to work a flexible rotation schedule.
Previous experience is not a requirement however, we encourage all individuals to apply who may have transferable skills in the following: pilot, first officer, aviation, aircraft pilot
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
You belong here!
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have a minimum 500 hours total time?
- Do you have a minimum 100 hours of multi-engine experience.
- CPL with IATRA or ATPL (preferred)
Work Location: In person