YOUNG DRIVERS - Trainee Driving Instructor
When you become a YOUNG DRIVERS employee, you join North America’s largest and most reputable driving organization. Young Drivers of Canada has been training new drivers for over 50 years.
Driving Instructor - NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY / TRAINING PROVIDED
Young Drivers of Canada is looking to hire Driving Instructors. If you are the type of person that loves to help others by teaching new skills and loves to watch others succeed, this job is for you.
You’ll go through Ontario’s # 1 instructor training program. The four-week training program will teach you the necessary skills to become a certified Driving Instructor.
- Must be a resident of Ontario and hold a current Driver’s Licence.
- Must have own vehicle no more than five years old.
- Minimum of 5 years of driving experience with a clean driving record.
- No criminal record.
- An instructor’s licence is acquired through the Young Drivers Instructor Training Course.
- Training Course is four weeks in duration, from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Ability to follow the Young Drivers curriculum.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Friendly, cheerful and outgoing.
- Soft skills required to succeed in this position include empathy, understanding, compassion, patience, etc.
- Mandatory participation in the instructor training course.
- Monday-Friday for four weeks from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Typically, YD Instructors work five days per week.
- Four days during the week
- One day on weekends.
YOUNG DRIVERS® INSTRUCTORS COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Competitive pay rates + km allowance
- Possibility of advancement into a Classroom/Virtual Teacher role, Instructor Training Course Trainer, or YD Fleet Trainer.
- Flexible schedule.
- Great support team.
- Paid vacation.
- Use of a tablet for work purposes.
- Instructors are paid based on lessons delivered. In addition, there is the possibility of greater earnings if the Instructor is willing to pick up extra classes when needed.
Your passion and love of driving will provide you with great personal satisfaction and future career advancement opportunities.
The next Instructor Training Course starts October 16, 2023
We look forward to reviewing your resume and thank you for your interest in Young Drivers of Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bolton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a vehicle that is no more than five years old?
- Are you available for an unpaid (YD pays for the course) month of training beginning October 16th, 2023?
- Driving: 5 years (required)
- Class G Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-16