Working with the Manager of Clinical Services, this position is responsible for providing physician services to Public Health patients seeking sexual health and/or harm reduction services as per the Ontario Public Health Standards. Specifically, providing clinical assessment, examinations, treatment, referrals, education and direction to patients of Public Health in the sexual health clinic. Additionally, support clinical public health nurses working in the clinic as necessary.
- Conduct assessment and examinations of patients attending sexual health clinics;
- Provide patients with diagnosis and treatment plan as appropriate;
- Make referrals to other physicians or community partners as appropriate;
- Refer patients to their primary care provider and/or other services for care beyond the scope of the sexual health clinic;
- Provide appropriate disease-related counselling, advice and support to sexual health patients;
- Consult with Associate Medical Officer of Health and/or Medical Officer of Health (AMOH/MOH) as required;
- Document all clinical interactions in Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health’s (WDGPH) electronic health record as per agency and CPSO policy;
- Document all services provided to patients of WDGPH Sexual Health clinics for submission to OHIP for billing purposes;
- Follow WDGPH’s policies and procedures as they pertain to Sexual Health clinics;
- Ensure that services provided meet agency customer service standards;
- Adhere to and support agency occupational health and safety polices, programs and directives.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a primary care, infectious disease or gynecological clinical environment;
- Current member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario with an independent practice license;
- Possess appropriate liability insurance;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff and patients;
- Ability to work with marginalized populations in an empathic and sensitive manner
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: From $110.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-24