Requisition ID: 178171
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Wholesale Key Accounts and Sales
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta; British Columbia; Manitoba; Newfoundland and Labrador; Nova Scotia; Ontario
Location: Winnipeg Office, Calgary Office, Foord St. Office, Tahoe Office, Dartmouth Office, King St. Office, Vancouver Office, Home Office - NL, Victoria Office
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
In the Key Accounts Coordinator role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving Wholesale customer relationships through monitoring service levels and having day to day contact with locations. An important competency in this position is to manage day-to-day sales transactions to ensure smooth delivery of customers orders and urgently solution any ordering issues to promote customer satisfaction. Additionally, in this role the coordinator will ease the sales process by assisting account managers and sales representatives in their administrative work such as daily, weekly, monthly reporting. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the company’s sales growth from client generation and retention efforts.
- Prepare reports as required (i.e. Service level, Vendor loyalty reports, cost change, sales)
- Coordinate promotional activity as required (i.e. costing, forecasting, allocation tables)
- Manage issue logs for respective accounts
- Manage the listings and maintain the assortments
- Key contact for all accounts (excludes credit and delivery issues, provided issue is not resolved) .
- Conduct store visits to understand development and opportunities to build relationships with the customer
- Monitor service levels and make recommendations for improved sales and service level performance
- Complete cost change files where applicable
- Prepare communications as required (i.e. new listings/de-listings)
- Attend quarterly meetings with key accounts to review category, sales and opportunities for growth
- Collaborate regularly with buying and category management for promotion, forecasts, etc. and distress inventory (work together to minimize losses)
- Day to day contact with stores
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment as per company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Post Secondary Education preferred – or equivalent experience
- Merchandising or retail experience
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working Knowledge of SAP and EXE preferred
- Retail operations/ merchandising experience
- Customer service training
- A minimum of five years retail or customer related experience
- Solid Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong merchandising background
- Working knowledge of warehouse management systems
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Knowledge
- Drive and Growth
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.