As a leading Canadian wealth management organization, Richardson Wealth offers the personal touch of a boutique firm while delivering big results. With offices across the country, we are home to some of Canada’s best investment advisors. We’ve embarked on an exciting growth phase – a multi-year transformational journey to enhance our entrepreneurial, high-performing, advisor-centric culture.
Where we’re going:
We want to be the brand of choice for Canada’s top advisors and their high-net-worth clients. We also have an ambitious growth strategy to triple our Assets under Administration (AUA) to $100 billion by 2025.
To reach our goals, we are making strategic investments in technology, real estate and, most importantly, our people.
At Richardson Wealth Limited, one of Canada’s largest independent Wealth Management Firms, we are backed by over seven generations of entrepreneurial success that influences all aspects of the business. https://richardsonwealth.com/about-us/. This entrepreneurial history makes for a supportive, innovative culture with trust and integrity as the cornerstones of our business. https://richardsonwealth.com/about-us/our-history/.
At Richardson Wealth, the Morson Carson Wealth Counsel is a successful, growing practice that attracts quality clients & team members based on our value system and meaningful work. Our consistent service and communication give our clients confidence that their financial affairs are handled with the highest level of competency and care. We specialize in working with our clients to recognize their needs and to offer them customized, evolving lifetime plans while keeping all communications organized and simplified.
The Morson Carson Wealth Counsel team members each have defined roles that leverage their individual unique abilities. All members are empowered to learn, grow, and make decisions. We are all accountable and feel respected, appreciated and financially rewarded. We have fun collaborating in our organized, professional office environment. We work seamlessly with all our Richardson Wealth colleagues to extend all services at Richardson Wealth to our clients and referrals. We take the time to recognize the achievements & life changes of our clients, colleagues and team members. We use our resources wisely, investing in our practice in order to leverage new technology and processes.
At the same time, Richardson Wealth is transforming our overall digital capabilities to enhance both our employee and client experience, reducing administrative time to free teams up to deepen client relationships and build the practice. They have demonstrated dedication to the Comox Valley team and clients with a new, modern, and welcoming atmosphere in our new office space.
Both Richardson Wealth and the Morson Carson Wealth Counsel are proudly committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging https://richardsonwealth.com/about-us/community/
We are seeking a career motivated individual to join our team in our Comox office. As an Assistant the incumbent will have a solid understanding of working with entrepreneurs to support them and the team. If you are results and action oriented you can contribute to this growing business by ensuring high-level client service, anticipating client and team needs, and through administration-related tasks We are all about working collaboratively to deliver superior service to our clients and community. We communicate openly and strive to have each member of the team focus on their strengths as much as possible in order to feel engaged and valued. We reward each team member for their contribution and ownership attitude. We strive to promote a healthy work environment – emotionally, psychologically, and physically – in order to support our team members in all areas of their lives.
It’s an exciting time to grow with the Morson Carson Wealth Counsel and Richardson Wealth! See our growth strategy in our 2022 Annual Report https://richardsonwealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/The-courage-to-rebuild-RF-CAPITAL-ANNUAL-REPORT-2022.pdf
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the professional servicing of incoming telephone and email contacts from clients, Advisors and other internal and external partners
- Assist the team in preparing account documentation including new account openings, account updates, client reviews, presentations, correspondence and reports
- Analyze existing team processes and practices, identify efficiencies and implement recommended improvements
- Assist with the design and execution of communications program for the team, including marketing and social media
- Coordinate online resources, IA website updates, social media posts and newsletters
- Assist with creating and planning client events and programs .
- Manage workflow to ensure file preparation is timely and efficient for the team
- Support team compliance to industry, corporate rules, and guidelines
- Download information to shared site and client files
- Support team to leverage CRM system to its fullest
- Address software and IT issues and ensure team is operating at an optimal level
- Assist with the training of team members as necessary to facilitate and ensure cross training for coverage
- Facilitate tracking of designations, licenses, and CE credits for the team, ensuring that all are renewed on a timely basis and recorded in compliance with industry requirements
- Foster and support client relationships
- Answer phones and welcome clients and guests to the office, serve beverages as requested
- Respond efficiently and effectively to requests for information from clients
- Investigate and resolve inquiries related to accounts in a timely manner
- Request information and documentation from clients in order to open accounts and keep client files up dated
- Proactively follow up on client transfers, trades, and other activity to ensure timely conclusions
- Be the champion of our clients’ profiles by providing timely, accurate client documents for new clients or updates as requested by the team
- Facilitate client signatures on documents either electronically or wet ink, File and store all documents according to team and firm protocol
- Adhere to professional practices and standards, as well as internal processes and controls
- Collaborates with internal and external participants to deliver on business objectives
- General office management such as coordination of vendors, reorder/restock supplies and stationery
- Maintain expense records and spreadsheets
- Daily opening and closing of office, including visual inspection and tidying/clean up as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Demonstrate a professional, collaborative, and friendly manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Well versed ability to anticipate the needs of the clients, Investment Advisors and team
- Experience in an administrative or executive assistant role is required
- Experience in the Financial Services industry would be an asset
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems such as Maximizer an asset
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to operate in a busy, demanding environment with focus
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, work within time constraints and follow-up
- Ability to work in a team environment but also self-manage and know when to take initiative
- Ability to analyze and identify process improvements and implement
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues if they arise and assist team in effective, efficient use of technology to best serve clients
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programs and assist with team training
- Post-secondary education is an asset
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) would also be of added value. Note that this training will be required within 18 months of starting the role.
Our firm is only as good as the people who work here. Our employees are exceptional because they combine in-depth expertise with enthusiasm, understanding and energy. From our front office talent to our colleagues behind the scenes, we have one focus: to ensure our people thrive here more than anywhere else. Are you innovative, self-driven, customer-focused, and customer-centric?
If so, we’re ready to invest in you.
Richardson Wealth is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We are happy to meet your individual needs in keeping with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Candidates may request accommodation at any point during the interview process.
We proudly support the Black Opportunity Fund, Pride at Work Canada, and Women’s Executive Network.