Human Resources Director
- Waterloo, ON (hybrid model)
- Benefits package and 4 weeks of vacation to start
- Opportunity to make an immediate impact on a small team united by their drive for the greater good
- 4 day work week
You love working in human resources because every day offers an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.
As an experienced human resources professional and leader, you know better than anyone how strong human resources can take an organization (and its people) from great to amazing.
We’re Raise Recruiting and we’ve partnered with a global leader in wireless connectivity who are also recognized as the Smart Parking leader in North America. They have focused on making our communities smarter by improving operations, reducing greenhouse gases, reducing water consumption, improving mobility, and increasing revenues.
If you’re looking for a hands-on leadership role involving all HR functions, where you can truly make your mark by establishing and executing an HR strategy and being the trusted subject matter expert in our business, we have just the opportunity for you.
Director of Human Resources
As Director of Human Resources, you will oversee all aspects of the company’s HR function. While reporting to the CEO, you will also work closely with the leadership team and leadership consultant on various initiatives and programs. You are an active member of our leadership team and will contribute to and participate in forecasting / budgeting, business planning, and related activities.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Own the HR / People Operations function
- Work closely with leadership team to foster the culture and live our core values through consistent communication and application of our People policies and programs in alignment with overall Business strategy
- Own full cycle recruitment
- Onboarding programs & activities
- Compensation, benefits & recognition strategies and policies that support our employee recognition, growth, performance, and training and development initiatives
- Support Performance Management activities i.e., support feedback & survey mechanisms, and performance evaluation processes
- Internal communications; manage & maintain tools, systems, reporting, sharing data & trends, policies & procedures / employee Handbook, calendars of team events, meetings, celebrations
- Lead and support Safety, Health & Wellness programs and initiatives
- Expect additional responsibilities as needed, as we scale to create and iterate processes and best practices for our people. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that offers a variety of opportunities to learn and grow with our team
This is a unique opportunity to exercise your creativity and build new programs, and to make adjustments to policies and procedures as needed. This role will be critical in shaping human resources, new policies, and contributing to our high-performance culture.
Working with the Company:
This is a full-time, permanent position. If you're currently located in the Kitchener/Waterloo region, the position is a hybrid model of remote + in office. This position is also open to candidates who are located in other provinces and are looking to relocate.
You’ll earn a competitive base salary, have a comprehensive benefits package, long term disability and 4 weeks of vacation to start.
- 5-10 years’ progressive experience working in human resources
- Ideally 5 or more years’ experience working in a leadership/managerial role within human resources
- Exposure working in a start-up environment preferred
- Experience in change management, developing and implementing strategic HR initiatives and programs that are aligned to business needs and/or played a key support role in supporting and executing such initiatives
- Experience with talent acquisition and/or operations. Ability to creatively analyze workforce demands and capacity; forecast and source effectively.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in human resources, business, commerce, social sciences, or related field
Either CHRP or CHRL designation completed or in progress would be an asset but is not required
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Raise Recruiting, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.