Hecla owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. We’re developing two underground deposits, the Bermingham mine and the Flame & Moth mine. The initial ore production at Bermingham mine was achieved in August 2021 and continues to further scale-up underground activities while the underground development continues at the Flame & Moth mine. Hecla is advancing the district towards full production, and this is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is operating one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Logistics & Warehousing Supervisor will report to the Supply Chain Manager. Your primary responsibility will be to provide supervisory leadership to the site-based Warehousing & Logistics Team and ensure the Safe and efficient provision of materials and associated services for all operations, maintenance, and support functions.
This is a 14 day on / 14 day off rotation at our Keno Hill Mine in Elsa, Yukon. All air and ground travel arrangements from Point of Hire (POH) to site and return are included for this position.
- Supervise the day-to-day material management activities including warehousing, logistics and inventory control for the operation.
- Proactively manage inventory process to ensure availability of supply and optimal usage of storage capacity.
- Lead and contribute to the development and maintenance of relevant Departmental Operating Procedures.
- Provide coaching and supervision of site-based Supply Chain personnel including the formulation of Individual Development plans.
- Ensure training compliance for all Team members including identifying new training opportunities or requirements.
- Coordinate requirements with Departmental customers reviewing consumption, demand forecasts, storage & logistics requirements for materials and services.
- Coach and mentor other employees regarding relevant Supply Chain systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage in Supply Chain continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate active and visible Safety Leadership.
- Practice and promote company Environmental, Health, Safety, and Operational policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Completion of Secondary / High School education or equivalent.
- Relevant Professional Supply Chain certification (CPIM, P.Log, CSCP, SCMP…) preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems (eMaint) as well as MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced Team environment handling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Self-motivated with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Minimum 3+ years of related supervisory experience in warehousing, logistics and / or inventory management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the Transportation, Logistics or Freight Forwarding sector.
- Experience working at a remote mine site operation and in a cross-cultural work environment.
- Knowledge of materials management, logistics, transportation and governmental regulation requirements and Best-Practices.
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S exposure and experience desirable.
REWARDS & CULTURE
Hecla Yukon offers a competitive remuneration package. We provide a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety. Apply today.