Our large Edmonton-based government client has an immediate need for a Technical Analyst for 12 months plus possible extension.
Work is anticipated to be carried out primarily remotely but attendance at some in-person meetings in Edmonton may be required.
Each Technical Analyst is expected to be actively engaged with up to 10 business areas simultaneously. These positions will report to the Content Inventories project manager but will also take direction from GoA IM subject matter experts, such as Senior Records Officers and Sector IM Leads, as needed.
Responsible for taking business requirements and translating them into technical requirements and solutions.
- Create project documents and associated planning documents.
- Create stakeholder analyses.
- Lead consultations and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
- Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Create new business and technical processes and complete business process reviews/re-engineering for existing processes.
- Facilitate business process improvement sessions.
- Assist in the development of new IT services.
- Schedule, organize and lead project status meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provide support by bridging communication between vendors, client ministries, and corporate technical and business teams.
- Escalate unresolved issues/risks, options and recommendations.
- Responsible for business architecture design, software system specifications design, and database modelling.
- Participate iterative development using model-based processes.
- Perform project management, business and technical analysis and systems design in delivering complex software solutions spanning n-tier development environments.
- Produce project artifices with XML; UML and/or other web-services technologies.
- Prepare, update and manage documents defining the business requirements, software requirements, functional design, and project plans and schedules reflecting achievable deliverables for the applications.
- Prepare regular project status reports indicating project deliverables, possible risk and issues, time-lines and anticipated effort.
- Ensure appropriate project communication occurs to all parties involved during all phases of the project.
- Identify required user training.
- Additional responsibilities as required by the Project Manager for a Business Analyst or Lead Technical Analyst role.
M2 - The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following:
- University graduation in business, management or a related discipline and 2-yr Business Analyst (BA) experience; OR
• 2-yr diploma in business, management or a related discipline and 4-yr BA experience; OR • 1-yr certificate in business, management or a related discipline and 5-yr BA experience; OR • 6-yr BA experience
M3 - 3 years Min - Experience as a business analyst translating business requirements into detailed requirements in an enterprise environment.
M4 - 3 years Min -Experience in developing business requirements documentation.
M5 - 3 years Min - Experience in facilitating and managing business process development or process re-engineering workshops and sessions.
M6 - 3 years Min -Experience in gathering requirements from a diverse group of stakeholders across ministries, departments, or business units.
M7 - 1 years Min -Experience working within an organization equivalent in size and complexity to the Government of Alberta.
M8 - 3 years Min -Experience with preparing and delivering analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving communications, presentations, and documentation.
M9 - 3 years Min -Experience carrying out multiple projects or initiatives with strict timelines, simultaneously.
M10 - A working understanding of mapping business processes into defined buckets of activities (i.e. Understanding how records can be classified into
groupings to manage records lifecycle) * This will be verified during the interview.
M11 - Proposed resource must have own computer equipment and be comfortable using it for completion of work required by this contract.
M12 - Proposed resource must work from within Canada, due to network and data security issues. Standard Hours of work are 08:15 - 16:30 Alberta time
GoA does not pay for travel to attend on-site meetings
D1 - 3 years Min - Experience in the development of project documents for a wide variety of initiatives and projects (strategic, business improvement,
information technology, etc.).
D2 -3 years Min - Experience in facilitating meetings and communicating with senior management and project stakeholders.
D3 - 3 years Min - Experience with development and implementation of content management, document management, records management, information
management processes in applications.
D4 - 3 years Min - Experience working in or for the public sector.
D5 - 3 years Min - Experience working on projects with changing priorities, timelines, or requirements.
D6 - 3 years Min - Experience in the design, development and implementation of complex IT solutions.
D7 - 3 years Min - Experience in analyzing process maps, descriptions, and data flow diagrams of complex business processes to understand records that are
D8 - 3 years Min - Experience in coordinating with business, IT partners, and other subject matter experts to gather and analyze all of a client's business
requirements and recommend appropriate solutions.
D9 - 3 years Min - Experience with development and implementation of information management controls and policies such as functional classification
schemes and retention schedules.
D10 - Do you have related Canadian education (e.g. certificate, diploma or degree) or your foreign credentials certified by Immigration Canada, IQAS or any
accreditation acceptable to the Government of Canada or Alberta? **Provide information regarding certification of foreign credentials.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please contact your local Randstad Technologies representative with your resume and with the Job ID in the subject line for consideration.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada's workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to [email protected]
to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.