- Join an inclusive and progressive company
- Get rewarded with highly competitive hourly wage including top-tier benefits
- Travel and work for highly-sought after projects all over the country
We are Millwrights Local Union 2736. Now in our 67th year, our rich history and skilled members, are vital in maintenance work for various industries in British Columbia. Our clients and projects reach far and wide within the province, representing approximately 550+ Red Seal millwrights, and apprentices. As the single-biggest employer of apprentices in the province, we pride ourselves on inclusiveness and industry-leading training programs, that prepare our valued members to take on some of the most excitingly unique and challenging jobs all over the country. Today, we work in major industries that include hydro, nuclear, pulp and paper, solar power, space exploration, mining, and other industries.
For more information about us, our collective agreements, and various affiliations, please visit: millwrights2736.com.
Millwrights 2736 is seeking for multiple Journeyperson Millwrights to join our team for various projects province-wide in BC. You will also get access to our Union Hall and Training Centre located in Delta, BC, as well as access to the International Training Center (ITC) in Las Vegas, Nevada. Courses, flights, accommodations, transfers and meals are all paid for by Millwrights Union Local 2736 when accessing the ITC. Living Out Allowance (LOA) is offered to members outside the Lower Mainland when accessing training at the Union Hall in Delta.
As a highly skilled Millwright, you will be proficient in a wide range of duties involving the installation, repair, troubleshooting, and maintenance of machinery and related devices and systems.
With valuable training and different levels of experience, our Millwrights' varying tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting, repairing, cleaning, and maintaining industrial machinery and equipment
- Installing, aligning, dismantling and moving stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment
- Operating various machinery, such as hoisting and lifting devices, as needed
- Fabricating of parts for maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematic drawings
- Coaching and mentoring Apprentices on valuable skills and daily tasks
If you're an Apprentice Millwright looking for a new opportunity, we are currently accepting applications here!
To qualify, you will need a Red Seal certification, as well as a valid Driver's License.
We strongly believe in investing in training, by providing the right tools for the right candidates to succeed in making this role their own. Our Members Courses and industry-leading training resources, provide an opportunity for motivated candidates with tenacity, a positive attitude, and the right mindset to join our well-established organization!
Lastly, Millwrights 2736 is an equal-opportunity employer that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion in its hiring practices. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and encourage candidates of all backgrounds and underrepresented sectors to apply. Embracing our differences and utilizing the strength of a diverse team, drive our success!
Per the collective agreement, the total package of wages and benefits (including vacation, holiday pay, and employer contributions) for Journeyperson Millwrights is $63.97**.
**Hourly wage breakdown - wage is $54.49 which includes 12% Holiday Pay paid out on every cheque. Additionally, there is Pension of $6.75/hours earned, and Health & Welfare of $2.735/hours earned.
Please note that in October 2023, we will be receiving a 2.5% wage increase.
Other benefits include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- A chance to upgrade skills in our Delta facility, or at our International Training Center in Las Vegas
- Travel, food, and lodging expense reimbursement
- An opportunity to travel and work on highly-sought after projects all over BC and Canada
- Long-term career growth
Upon joining Millwrights 2736, you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and close-knit team that takes pride in a job well done while having fun along the way.
If you believe you have the motivation, tenacity, and the right mindset to take on a new role with us, apply now!