Annual compensation range $58,000 – $70,000 based on experience and a 40–50-hour work week range with overtime over 8 hours per day, overtime on Saturdays and double time on Sundays. All employee benefits are paid by the employer, including annual bonus, employer RRSP, Health and Dental, Life Insurance, Disability, Vision and Dental coverage. No fees are taken off employee’s earnings as all are paid by the employer.
MD Steele values dedication and recognizes continuous growth. We build both on our projects and within our internal team. We value commitment and look for opportunities where employees can excel their careers within our company. MD Steele works on projects in Winnipeg and around Manitoba. With 30 years of continuous year-round work, we always have a place for dedicated individuals.
All employees play a key role in the front-line staff at MD Steele. A Safety Coordinator provides administrative and coordinating duties within the safety program. MD Steele is looking for an individual who has a willingness to apply themselves in staying up to date with relevant health and safety legislation and applicable industry standards.
· Can see the opportunity to excel in the right environment, wanting to build a career.
· Has strong attention to detail and pride in their work.
· Recognizes and understands the importance of an efficient and productive team.
· Thrives working independently and as a team.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Possesses time management skills and can identify task priorities in a changing
· Able and willing to travel out of town when required.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
· Review and organize site specific safety documents.
· Conduct safety orientations with employees, subcontractors, and visitors.
· Perform site inspections and follow ups to corrective actions.
· Organize, maintain, and coordinate training and documentation.
· Attend and participate in safety meetings.
· Attend and participate in project specific meetings as required.
· Review and organize subcontractor documentation.
· Assist in incident investigations as required.
· Promote a safe and healthy working environment.
· Record conduct and summarize reports.
· Perform inventory checks and maintain site safety supplies.
· Promote all site personnel to work in a safe and respectful work environment.
· Possesses knowledge of construction industry and processes considered an asset.
· Minimum of 2 years construction experience considered an asset.
· Occupational Health and Safety Certificate is an asset.
· Retains technical skills including MS Windows and Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel,
· Has a valid Manitoba Drivers License and personal means of transportation.
We look forward to sharing opportunities with you.
Please submit to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-30