Guest Activities and Concierge Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $22 per hour
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN KANANASKIS, AB. SUBSIDIZED STAFF HOUSING IS AVAILABLE.
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
As the Concierge / Guest Activities Supervisor, you will be an important member of the Front Office management team, creating an atmosphere of exceeding guest expectations daily. You will supervise, train and manage the Concierge, Guest Activities and Pool Attendants team. You will assist the Guest Activity Manager in the planning and communication of activities for all ages, ensuring the implementation of policies and practices are followed, as well as carrying out important operational duties. Must be organized and detail-oriented, assisting the GAM in administrative work.
- Facilitate and plan a range of programs and activities for our guests including Campfires, Movie Nights, and Holiday Celebrations and ensuring all materials needed to operate these activities are in supply.
- Assist in the training and recruitment of "Function Help" as required to fully execute programmed activities.
- You must be comfortable speaking to guests and assisting with solving problems with creative solutions.
- Champion of the Kananaskis Children's Creative Centre by ensuring all equipment is safe and fully functional.
- Supervise team members during children programs maintain safety and health standard requirement at all the time.
- Coordinate with other departments and managers when manager is not on duty.
- Report to manager about quality of activities and staff performance.
- Be responsible for department quality of service and operations.
- Answer general questions from hotel guests regarding Family activities programs.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and safety of the waterpark, fitness center and games room.
Employment Experience and Educational Requirements:
- The successful candidate will have 1+ years’ experience in a similar role within a resort.
- Must be able to work well independently and with the Guest Activity Manager.
- Passionate about creating "Above and Beyond" experiences for our guests.
- Engaging, welcoming and empowering.
- Personable, friendly, and highly energetic with exceptional communication skills who is enthusiastic about providing extraordinary customer service.
- Someone who thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple functions.
- Are health and safety conscious, and have a sound attention to detail, especially with cleanliness.
- They will be dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment, and be a passionate, warm and friendly individual.
- Marriott Employee Travel program providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels.
- Personal days: 5 per year after 90 days of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, rafting, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary and Canmore
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Discounted access to our Nordic Spa*
- Discounted Ski Pass and Golf rates*
- Kananaskis Parks Pass
If you’re interested in a company that rewards you for your dedication and commitment, then Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is the right place to establish your career!
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
*Season Availability, subject to cut off dates.