SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE
The Aqsarniit Hotel is in search of a Food and Beverage Manager to plan and manage the Restaurant, Room Service, and lounge as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate policies and procedures and federal, provincial and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Implement company programs and manage the operations of the Restaurant, Room Service, Lounge and any other food and beverage outlets as required to ensure compliance with policies, safety regulations and federal, provincial and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
3. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
4. Abide by all Territorial, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
Achieve service of all beverage items in accordance with licensing regulations ensuring all staff involved in service of alcohol are trained and certified.
5. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments, and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
6. Create, recommend, and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
7. Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with policies and procedures and ensure quality service.
8. Ensure pleasant greeting/prompt seating of all guests in accordance with guest requirements while facilitating fast and professional service by fair distribution of tables/guests to team members.
9. Ensure wait staff are proficient in order taking and up-selling to achieve or exceed average spends on food and liquor.
10. Delegate/perform as necessary routine opening, ‘mise en place’ and closing duties to contribute to the efficiency of the department.
11. Ensure team members seek feedback from guests.
12. Ensure all staff are aware of and comply with food service standards.
13. Perform/organize cashiering duties ensuring accurate billing of items and correct handling/security of cash/credit cards and guestroom charges.
14. Ensure prompt clearing/resetting of tables assisting as necessary to maximize on covers and guest satisfaction.
15. Control liquor inventory regularly with a designated team member, achieving accurate recording and calculation of information with a proactive response to any adverse trends.
16. Prepare liquor orders for authorization ensuring inventory is received and reconciled.
17. Ensure team members are proficient in prompt and professional answering of the telephone and taking of telephone reservations/messages.
18. Work on planned marketing and implementation of new menus.
19. Ensure up to date pricing and proper use of computer systems by all staff.
20. Communicate both verbally and written to provide clear direction to staff.
21. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
22. Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Ensure quality of products received.
23. Review equipment needs for F&B outlets.
24. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
25. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
26. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
27. Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any discrepancies with the General Manager.
28. Prepare weekly work schedules for all outlet personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands. Prepare daily/weekly payroll reports.
29. Ensure opening and closing procedures are carried out by all team members with a concise hand-over in order to maintain security, health and safety and the efficiency of the department.
30. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
31. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00-$104,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Iqaluit, NU: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location