Halifax, NS, Montreal, QC, Ottawa, ON
About the role
The candidate will participate as a Systems Engineering (SE) member of the Certification team in a multidiscipline team environment, working on the total engineering lifecycle from specification, design development, integration and test, deployment, maintenance and field trouble shooting for large scale, high complexity naval platform systems.
The candidate will participate in engineering activities including, but not limited to:
Collaborating on system design activities with senior SE and other engineering staff, including supporting technical reviews
Performing certification requirements analysis
Performing system modelling and design, including Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
System architecture and design
System integration planning
Following systems engineering processes and best practices
Planning and managing team tasks in JIRA
Managing team information in Confluence.
What you bring to the role
- Pursuing a degree in SE, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
Candidate must be available for four (4) to eight (8) months, full-time as of January 2024.
Additional skills desired for the role
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical members of the engineering/management staff and personnel assigned to related work
Aptitude for solving challenging problems in a team environment
Have a high degree of initiative and autonomy
Have a high learning ability
Ability to adapt and perform in a dynamic environment
Experience with Agile methods
Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
What we offer you
We walk our talk when it comes to work/life balance! Your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment, this is what you can expect when you join our team as a Regular Full-Time employee:
- Flexible, compressed work schedules, depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off, as well as the possibility to work remote part-time
- Competitive compensation
- Time to recharge with vacation, personal days, holidays, and parental leaves
- Comprehensive Family Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available on your first day of employment, along with:
- Virtual Health Care (24/7 access to medical professionals)
- A Wellness Spending Account to aid in your wellness journey
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) which includes free face to face counselling sessions
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Onsite fitness facilities at our main office locations
- A Registered Retirement Savings Plan that includes matching company contributions on your first day of employment, that also includes access to Financial Advisors providing investment advice and comprehensive financial planning
- Employee discounts to save on goods, services and various recreational activities
- Access to a robust spectrum of development resources to enhance your skills and/or advance your career including:
- Free learning resources through a modern and engaging platform
- Education Assistance Program
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Self-directed Mentoring
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 115,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,300 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Clearance required for role