Propak Systems Ltd., an established leader in engineering, fabrication and construction of gas compression, processing and Heavy Oil facilities, is currently seeking General Labourers to join our fabrication shops in Airdrie, AB. As an entry level position, Labourers are assessed for their suitability and aptitude towards appropriate apprenticeship training.
We offer day, evening, and weekend shifts with excellent premiums for evening and weekend day shifts. Weekly schedules consist of four 10-hour days plus occasional opportunity for overtime. Propak offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company matched group RRSP. If you are a looking to grow with a company who values work-life balance this may be the position for you.
- Perform general tasks related to maintenance, material handling, clean-up, basic tool and machinery operations, and other elemental activities at fabrication shops
- Transport materials and equipment manually or using powered equipment
- Assist tradespersons and other fabrication shop personnel
- Work under close supervision within well-defined procedures
- Under direct supervision, may be required to operate basic hand and power tools
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Carry out warehousing, tool crib, or janitorial duties
- Act safely, within fabrication shop rules and guidelines
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment.
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products.
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers.
- Perform other labour and basic activities as required
- 0-2 years labourer experience related to oil & gas fabrication
- Experience assisting pipefitters, welders, electricians, insulators, painters, etc
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with the use and maintenance of equipment or basic hand and power tools is an asset
- Experience in warehousing is an asset
- As a condition of employment, employees are required upon hire to sign a Drug-Free Workplace Agreement, a Conflict of Interest Agreement and Confidentiality and Invention Agreement.
Propak Systems Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Phone Calls Please
Less than 2 year(s): Labourer experience in oil and gas fabrication