This position is responsible for a vast array of accounting and administrative duties with a focus on customer service. Accounting duties include accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management. To be successful in this position the individual should be a self-starter with the ability to effectively manage all assigned duties in the office with minimal supervision.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and greet visitors in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Respond to customer inquiries and requests.
- Perform end of day processes for the branch.
- Invoice inventory payables and investigate any material differences.
- Code & get authorization for expense payables.
- Perform collection calls for assigned customers.
- Receive and process customer payments.
- Escalate vendor / customer issues to management as required.
- Track and submit branch attendance & overtime sheets by deadline.
- Assist in the set-up or customer accounts and maintenance of customer accounts.
- Prepare and process bank deposits.
- Reconcile cash float and cash drawer in a timely manner.
- Check and verify vendor statements in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to all branch members.
- Gather receipts, code and submit expenses for assigned corporate credit cards in Bank of Canada Works
- Assist in the coordination of branch team building activities.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels, sales literature, business cards, service supplies.
- Work with other administrative assistants to cover vacation time and miscellaneous projects.
- Analyze and document current duty processes and recommend efficiencies as required.
- Must participate in courses to update knowledge to carry out duties & responsibilities.
- Solicit feedback from peers & other team members with the goal of personal or operational improvement.
- Overtime may be required.
- Responsible for understanding and abiding by the PSI safety policy and following safe work practices.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Superior customer service skills, problem solver and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, and visitors at all times.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and shifting priorities.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Trustworthy honest and dependable.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Comfortable with interacting with public at large.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Able to stay focused with repetitive work.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Education & Experience
- 5 to 7 years' experience as an Accounting / Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, considered an asset.
- Business Administration degree or diploma considered an asset.
- Ability to type (45) words per minute.
- Proficient use of various office-based software including Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience with Prophet 21 would be considered a definite asset.
- Direct report to Operations Manager.
- Indirect report to Senior Accountant.
- Busy office setting.
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, one hour off for lunch.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V6V 2G9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 3 years (required)
- Accounts Receivable: 1 year (required)
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-15
Expected start date: 2023-11-15