Kyowa Kirin is a fast growing global specialty pharmaceutical company that applies state-of-the-art biotechnologies to discover and deliver novel medicines in four areas of unmet need: oncology, nephrology, immunology and CNS/movement disorders. The North America organization focuses on drug discovery, product development, and commercialization. Together, we work as a close-knit team to understand clinical needs and advance innovations that can have a profound impact on patient lives.
Position: Executive Administrator, Canada
Job Summary: The Executive Administrator, Canada operations performs and oversees all administrative related services for Country General Manager, Canada, and staff. Position requires broad knowledge of corporate operations and policy. A high level of
administrative and coordinator support and advanced computer technology experience is required. The Executive Administrator, Canada Operations must operate with discretion and great latitude for independent judgment and initiative.
Reports to: General Manager, Canada
- Provide general administrative support and organizational skills to the Canada,
Country General Manager & Key Canadian staff members (as needed).
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of meetings (on-site off-site)
involving staff: schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms, preparation and
distribution of meeting materials, coordinate audio visual equipment, and food
needs; prepare and format documents into final form.
- Effectively utilize travel and meeting policies and procedures to complete all
aspects of travel: coordinate all aspects of team travel arrangements (domestic
and international) and prepare travel itineraries; monitor and process travel or
other expense reimbursement in a timely manner; and maintain calendar and
monitor crucial due dates as required.
- Process incoming and outgoing e-mail & maintain calendars bringing attention to
- Comply with policies and procedures and manage project timelines to ensure
- Draft and/or proof-read documents and presentations as needed utilizing a strong
command of proper business writing and grammar.
- Management of vendor contract system (QuickBase) and procurement system
- Support product material reviews through PRC and MRC (Veeva PromoMats)
- Attend required meetings, prepare and maintain meeting notes.
- Manage data and prepare presentations as needed.
- Manage documents effectively from and to various software programs (e.g., Excel)
demonstrating a comfort level with various technologies and quickly learn
technologies as necessary.
- Maintain integrity of electronic document structure for the departments.
- Manage payments/invoices from outside vendors.
- Handle general telephone/e-mail inquiries to department(s) and field/answer all
routine and non-routine questions. Capable of identifying urgent activities.
- Suggest and drive improvement processes when applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year degree in business administration;
college graduate preferred.
- Minimum eight (8) years administrative experience, preferably in the Life Sciences
industry, working as executive support with increasing responsibility.
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
including strong experience with Microsoft Outlook and calendaring for multiple
- Highly motivated and great attention to detail.
- Strong endurance to work under tight timelines and complex/changing situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Broad level of interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential. Cultural sensitivity
and ability to develop consensus within a multi-national organization.
- This role may require domestic (CDN) and international travel (US) as
- Remote / hybrid work environment
Kyowa Kirin is an equal employment opportunity employer and invites all qualified applicants to apply. Kyowa Kirin also accommodates candidates who may require accommodation during the recruitment process. Please advise us if you need accommodation during the recruitment process.
It is the policy of Kyowa Kirin North America, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, creed, color, pregnancy, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or affection preference or citizenship status or any other category protected by law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected and stored by Kyowa Kirin, Inc. ("Controller"), which is located at 135 Route 202/206, Suite 6, Bedminster, NJ 07921 USA and can be contacted by emailing [email protected]. Controller's data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected]. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller's recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller's behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. The transfer will be made using appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses approved by regulators for transfers of personal data outside the European Union.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, if you are located in the European Union, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability, and to lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority. If you have any questions about our use of your data, you may contact us by email at [email protected].
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies
Kyowa Kirin does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Kyowa Kirin Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to Kyowa Kirin employees or any other company location; Kyowa Kirin is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.