CCC Packaging is a rapidly growing company headquartered in Aurora, Canada. CCC Packaging mission is to provide locally-based consumer packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands with great packaging. We are here to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable economy.
Summary Of Position
The Pouch Operator sets up and operates pouch making machines that convert laminated films into pouches that meet or exceed customer quality specifications by performing the following duties. The position requires shift flexibility.
Note: The 2nd shift can start anywhere from 12:00 pm until 02:00 am (subject to change). Training hours may be in the morning.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure personal compliance with all company Quality System, Operational, and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety and completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Meets or exceeds prescribed job standards for line speeds, scrap and set-up times.
- Reports any necessary maintenance of the machine to the engineering department using a written work order.
- Reports any unsafe working conditions to the production supervisor.
- Participates in on-going training opportunities and supports a continuous quality improvement environment.
- housekeeping procedures.
- Reads job specifications and previous run data (if available) to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Ensures job is in order prior to machine set-up.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated
- Keeps the work area clean.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction. Makes corrections to alleviate out of specification product.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs required quality testing on products produced, i.e. burst test, drop test, water table test, etc.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as changing zipper cloth, dies, seal bars and punches.
- Assists and works cooperatively with assistant machine operators to stack, mark, pack, and transport finished boxes.
- Review work instructions and procedures that are applicable to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by management and supervisors.
- Perform changeovers
- Perform PMs on equipment
- Make recommendations to supervision and management for improvement of production in terms of efficiency and workflow
- Maintain production reports
- Oversee daily performance of Pouch Assistant functions
- Change rolls and cut out splices
- Quality Control checks and data entry
- Trash and trim removal
Non-essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including press assistant, slitting, and lamination
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possess and foster a positive attitude of learning and respect
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a team
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools, cleaning equipment
- Be able to work safely around operating machinery
Experience And Education
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of flexible packaging films is a plus.
- Must be flexible in work schedule and be able to work overtime and weekends.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Requires certain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as hairnets, steel-toed shoes, and facility specific uniform requirements
- CCC Packaging believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourages all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aurora, ON L4G 3X8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Pouch Machine Operator: 2 years (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person