MOMENTS is a vibrant, exciting, and growing floral and gift shop in O’Leary, PE. As our business continues to grow, our team needs to as well. We're looking for someone interested in a career in the floral industry, to join us as a Floral Designer. Our team is fun & creative, and our goal is to create stunning floral arrangements that capture feelings and celebrations.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has exceptional & consistent customer service and sales skills.
- Has an outgoing personality and attitude to help create a great shopping experience for our customers.
- Has floral design experience, talent, and a desire to learn & grow in the field.
- Is dependable, punctual, and has a valid driver’s license.
- Has excellent communication skills, is fluent in English and has excellent spelling, grammar & math skills.
- Pays attention to details and takes pride in the products created & sold.
- Is able to lift 40lbs, has a positive attitude and the ability to work standing.
- Is professional, able to maintain confidentiality, and is a good listener.
- Is energetic & able to keep up in a fast-paced, high-energy and deadline driven environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Is hard working & efficient – willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
- Has strong organizational skills to manage inventory and keep track of orders.
- Is a high school graduate or has a GED Equivalent (at minimum).
- Has a high standard of integrity and reliability.
- Has the ability to work individually, or as part of a team and has good time management skills.
- Has the ability to work under pressure and effectively problem solve when required.
- Has basic computer skills.
The job will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Designing and creating custom floral pieces based on customer preferences for various occasions such as weddings, funerals, and special events.
- Unpacking giftware, supply and floral shipments and process, price and store them properly.
- Greeting, assisting, and thanking customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Taking orders and handling customers in person, online or over the phone.
- Educating our customers on the products they are purchasing.
- Assist customers in selecting the right flowers and arrangements for their needs.
- Maintaining the inventory of fresh flowers, plants, and other floral supplies.
- Ensuring that all floral arrangements are visually appealing and meet quality standards.
- Working with other team members to ensure that the final product meets customer expectations.
- Cleaning and maintaining a neat & organized work environment– cooler care, sweeping, sanitizing buckets and vases, washing floors, windows, shelves, taking out garbage, recycling etc.
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Setting up & designing retail store displays
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
If you feel this position is for you, please send us your resume along with a cover letter.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person