Have you just graduated from a certificate or diploma program in Occupational Health & Safety and excited to put your knowledge to work in a diverse and challenging environment?
Then this position might be the one for you!
- Our client is looking for full time, permanent safety advisors in the North Vancouver area in the industrial manufacturing industry.
- While the position does not allow for a LOA (Live out Allowance), there is an opportunity for relocation assistance.
Please review the attached job description and submit your resume, we look forward to meeting you and helping to find the perfect position for you and the next step in your H&S career.
Who we are:
Vision RE is a Western Canadian Safety and Management Consulting Firm with a focus on the value of people within corporate sustainability. We work with companies and individuals to RE-imagine how to be amazing.
We take great pride in our Staffing Division, where we not only fill the position, but also strive to make successful matches between the candidate and the client our priority. Whether it is for a short term project or a permanent placement, we take the effort needed with care and dedication to ensure we get it right every time.
Please consider submitting your resume, and begin the journey with us to find your next career initiative.
- Join our client’s safety team to act on behalf of the client
- Interact with the work management team and workers
- Coach/Mentor employees, sub-contractors and all working personnel on site
- Advise on WorkSafe BC regulations and confirm compliance
- Lead by participating in site safety initiatives
- Assist in the development, review and implementation of the work packages
- Support the safe execution of high risk activities e.g. confined space entry, working at heights, structural steel and rigging/hoisting
- Support site environmental activities
- Coordinate the delivery of health and safety services to the workforce, including client representatives, subcontractors and stakeholders
- Completion of an OHS Safety related program (Certificate, Diploma, Degree)
- Having a plan or path towards achieving one of the following designations: CSO, NCSO, CRSP, CRST
- OFA Level 3 FA or advanced first aid will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with systems isolations and LOTO an asset
- Helping to manage any ISO system (quality, environment, safety) an asset
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships, trust, and influence is essential
- Comprehensive working familiarity of WorkSafeBC Regulations
- Ability to perceive the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities
- Self-motivated, action oriented and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently on routine tasks with a positive attitude
- Interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Strong organization, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
How you will make your mark:
- Working with a team to promote a changing cultural environment
- Working with the employees in order to meet quality, productivity and safety standards
- Being highly motivated and passionate about your job
- Working in a collaborative environment to achieve goals
- Support Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and incident investigations
- Support the development and maintenance of all safety documentation, reporting, and tracking requirements
- Support the development and reporting of targeted health, safety and compliance objectives
- Eager to drive your self improvement plan in coordination with the company
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $36.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
COVID 19 precautions will follow Federal and Provincial Standards.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person