A Day in the Life
- Develop & design scalable, secure modern micro-services using Spring Boot, test driven development, and cloud native design patterns.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues.
- Actively participate in scrum meetings and provide inputs during sprint planning, backlog refinement, sprint retro, etc.
- Perform technical discovery to identify scope, dependencies, risk analysis and help Project manager and Scrum Lead with project planning.
- Work closely with Technical Leads and Architects in implementing design into working software.
- Partner with other technical teams (middleware, database, and infrastructure) to create interface documents and mappings to ensure the Commerce & Transactions platform is built in a Service Oriented Architecture manner.
- Work closely with SRE, Platform and DevOps Team which include but not limited to create intake ticket for infrastructure changes, assist DevOps in implementing CICD pipeline changes, etc.
- Mentor developers and recommend and implement development best practices.
- Perform code reviews.
- Perform Technical Interviews.
- Provide technical expertise in establishing processes and procedures to ensure standards are followed.
- Monitor the day-to-day performance of the eCommerce platform, and associated integrations, to ensure that speed and uptime are maintained at optimal levels at all times.
- Have a passion for Software Development ensuring a high standard in your delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience in Java, microservice, Spring boot.
- 6+ years’ experience designing design scalable, secure modern micro-services using Spring Boot, test driven development, and cloud native design patterns.
- Experience with observability tools like Splunk, Datadog, Grafana or equivalent.
- Experience with Kafka or other event streaming platforms like kinesis
- Experience with any one of the NOSQL databases like DynamoDB or Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience with Kubernetes or ECS
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture & knowledge of challenges related to building cloud-native apps.
- Experience in design and development of RESTful APIs using JAX-RS and JSON.
- Solid working experience with AWS or GCP.
- Strong software development fundamentals, including automated testing, source control, continuous integration in addition to continuous delivery and/or deployment.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting for microservices.
- Strong technical, hands-on experience to support development, infrastructure, and operations.
- Experience working with security log analysis, application logs, and general log management practices.
- Commerce domain knowledge a strong plus and preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $160,000.00-$170,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Microservices: 8 years (required)
- AWS: 7 years (required)
- Kubernetes: 7 years (required)
- Kafka: 5 years (required)