Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come
in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our
customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond
during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a
solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be
ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we
build an even cleaner B.C.
Reporting to the Manager, Training Services, the successful candidate will provide both training
expertise and technical insight in support of BC Hydro’s learning management system (LMS) and
training standards. This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation,
delivery, and maintenance of the LMS and the team responsible for establishing and maintaining
authoring and editing standards, overseeing system content and governance standards and
procedures. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about learning technologies and
experienced in working as part of a progressive learning and development department.
The successful candidate will focus on BC Hydro’s transition from three existing LMSs to Success
Factors learning solution. The LMS is one part of a larger delivery to our employees so alignment
and involvement with other teams across the business will be important. Some of the key duties
included, but are not limited to:
- Plan for, manage and develop the people resources on the Training Systems team which
consists of union and management and professional staff.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of Success Factors learning solution.
- Identify and develop strategies to ensure training system and standards support BC Hydro’s
legal, regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Liaise with Safety & Compliance, IT, HR and business stakeholders to ensure our learning
solutions and training standards align with our strategic goals and are business appropriate.
- Accountable for determining governance of the new LMS, working with teams across the
organization to redesign the current processes to align with new system capabilities.
- Participate in various working groups. Collaborate with others who manage different elements of