PHASOR Engineering Inc. is a dynamic Alberta based company specializing in engineering, design, and testing / commissioning of medium to high voltage electrical facilities. Focused on providing the most cost-effective and efficient solutions to power system engineering, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from preliminary engineering through to the commissioning and startup.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Electrical Engineering Technologist or Engineer to join our field services team on a full time basis. If you are an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with strong attention to detail, we offer a dynamic work environment where you will be continuously challenged in all aspects of the testing and commissioning process.
- Manage and lead a commissioning crew of up to 10 workers.
- Testing and commissioning of power system protection & control schemes in the utility, power generation, and oil & gas industry.
- Read and interpret drawings and troubleshoot / resolve technical issues.
- Train/develop employees to ensure highest performance standards are met.
- Report preparation and submission.
- Assist with generation of commissioning startup procedures or work instructions.
- Ensure compliance with all safety practices as per corporate, client, and industry standards.
- Initiate and/or respond to customer inquiries, discuss trouble details and confirm resolutions.
- The successful candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Electrician Journeyman Ticket, or an Electrical Engineering Technologist Diploma from a recognized institute.
- Eligible for registration with APEGGA or ASET.
- Comprehensive understanding of key principles of electrical power system protection and controls including SCADA, relay protection, metering, equipment functionals, and telecom networks.
- Minimum 6+ years of proven experience in the high voltage utility substations and power generation industry with 3+ of those years of experience in a supervisory role leading and running projects in high voltage greenfield and brownfield substations.
- Must be proficient in relay testing of electromechanical and microprocessor-based protection IED’s (SEL, ABB, Siemens, GE, etc.) with fully automated test equipment (Omicron CMC356) and test data management.
- Experienced in high voltage primary equipment testing and commissioning involving power transformers, reactors, circuit breakers, CT’s, PT’s, surge arrestors, disconnect switches, cap and reactor Banks, etc.
- Testing and commissioning as per NETA/IEEE standards.
- Strong understanding of CSA Z462 safety standards.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an extreme attention to detail are essential.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office software suite of programs coupled with strong computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of issues simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work for extended periods out of town.
- NETA Testing Certification an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Background checks and Drug and Alcohol Pre-Access Testing will be required as part of employment.
- Typical shifts will range from 10/4, 14/7, and 21/14.
- Working hours are generally from 7am - 5:30pm at 10hrs/day.
- Daily work hours and shifts are subject to change based on project requirements, applicants must be flexible to accommodate these changes when required.
- Only applicants residing in Canada with a Canadian Passport will be accepted.
Phasor Engineering Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. While we appreciate all applications we receive and the applicant's interest in our company, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55.00-$70.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you willing to work out of town for long durations, eg. 14 to 21 day shifts?
- How many years of work experience do you have in testing/commissioning in high voltage utility substations?
- How many years of work experience do you have with testing protection relays within a high voltage utility substations using Omicron CMC256/356?
- Driver's license (required)