Work within Australia’s largest ICU with the most acute patients. A truly complex and fulfilling role, and an opportunity unlike any other.
- State of the art facilities and equipment
- Complex and diverse patient populations
- Unique opportunity to work within clinical pods to specialise in your areas of interest
- Incredible support and development pathways
- $10,000 AUD International relocation packages available
ABOUT ALFRED HEALTH
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities: The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham. Our Intensive Care Unit is located within The Alfred in Prahran.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Nursing in the Alfred ICU is one which is both incredibly rewarding and challenging. With state of the art facilities and equipment, the patients we care for are the most acute in any Australian ICU.
Due to the size and complexity of our unit, our ICU has six clinical pods which each support separate patient cohorts according to their clinical needs. This setup of specialised pods within the one unit is unique to ICUs in Australia, and allows you to not only specialise in one area, but also nourish your interests across a range of different specialities. Nurses within the unit are able to work across all six pods, and as you become more specialised in areas of your interest, you will be able to designate the pods in which you would like to complete most of your shifts.
If you want to build your career in Intensive Care nursing, the Alfred is where you want to be as you will receive truly unique experiences not available anywhere else. Our staff truly see working within the Alfred ICU as a privilege - not only for the experiences you will get to be a part of - but to care for such unwell patients and their loved ones, in such a distressing time of their lives. It is the reason for the care we give and when patients walk back into our doors, it highlights just how wonderful it is to be a part of such a dynamic, unique team.
Our ICU specialises in the following areas:
- Victorian ECMO service caring for patients with cardiac or respiratory failure requiring ECMO
- Victorian Trauma State Service
- Victorian Adult Burns State service
- Victorian Heart and Lung Transplantation service
- Complex cardiac- including the care of patients on ventricular assist devices and impella
- Hyperbaric state service
- Assesses the health care needs of patients. Formulate, implement and evaluate a plan of care, in partnership with the patient
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all disciplines
- Support and participate in evidence-based programs to evaluate and improve the quality of nursing care and patient outcomes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Proven people and communication skills
- Patient centred focus
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others to deliver outcomes
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re ready to work at the pinnacle of ICU Nursing in Australia, we would love to hear from you. Simply click apply now to submit an application to our team.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 80 per week
Salary: $55,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person