Gary Parker Excavating Limited (GPEL) has been in operation in Greenwood in the Annapolis Valley, an agricultural region of Nova Scotia, Canada for 38 years. Our beautiful, rugged coastline is easily accessible over the North Mountain which borders the Valley.
GPEL is looking for an experienced and trained construction Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years experience and the PMP designation or equivalent to estimate & bid on construction projects, procure shop drawings, contract administer and manage project logistics for GPEL foremen and subtrades.
The Project Manager reports to the Construction Superintendent.
- Estimating and bidding projects to meet annual targets
- Planning daily, weekly and monthly project targets for schedule and budget
- Providing instruction/feedback to foremen and subtrades
- Overseeing foremen and subtrades work site activities
- Evaluating foremen and crew performance & productivity for overall project success
- Providing quality control and inspections including safety inspections
- Establishing and meeting daily/weekly/monthly productivity targets
- Leading client meetings
- Takes iniative to communicate frequently with the customer and GPEL foremen, Superintendent, Equipment Maintenance manager and office administrator (verbal/written)
- Task and people coordination is realistic and supportive
- Planning and organization skills are above average
- Working with tools and technology to generate and maintain project schedules and meet contract delivery requirements safely and with high-quality results
- Checking, examining and maintaining excellent project records to complete project milestone reports
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification or equivalent is a requirement.
- Working in inclement weather
- Some potential environmentally sensitive work areas (dust, chemicals etc.)
This company has a Covid-19 Vaccination policy.
Must be able to reliably commute or relocate to Greenwood, NS area and be a fully vaccinated resident of Canada to apply.
Please apply either online or in person at our office at 1-687 Central Avenue in Greenwood.