A growing global company. Endless career and development opportunities.
When you join Ritchie Bros., you’ll be part of a diverse, global team that’s focused on delivering great customer experiences. Our culture is centered around people and guided by our core values of Integrity, Unity and Vision. Learn more about our culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion at Candidate Portal .
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference, we invite you to join our growing team. Whether you’re out in the field or back at your office, you’ll be helping us achieve our vision of becoming the trusted global marketplace for insights, services and transaction solutions for commercial assets.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Treasury
. The work location for this position is Burnaby, British Columbia
, and is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement
Reporting to and supporting the Vice President and Treasurer, the Senior Manager, Treasury will be a critical member of the Finance team based out of Burnaby, BC, Canada.
The Senior Manager, Treasury plays a key role in driving initiatives to optimize banking infrastructure and cash management processes including cash flow forecasting and analysis, overseeing daily cash positioning activities including managing daily liquidity, cash sweeping and short-term investments, cash position reconciliation and bank reporting. In addition, the Senior Manager, Treasury collaborates with IT in establishing and maintaining Treasury technology solutions including required interfaces to support cash management activities and monitors and establishes company-wide Treasury policies and internal controls.
The Senior Manager, Treasury maintains close relationships with key financial banking advisors, including those belonging to the syndicated secured revolving credit facilities of RBA and develops performance monitoring processes for these service providers.
RB has a complex legal structure which requires close collaboration with Tax to ensure excess funds are repatriated and available for corporate uses. A key part of the role is working strategically with Tax and our banking advisors to formulate the most efficient capital structure, including repatriation plans and funds flows.
The Senior Manager, Treasury plays a key role in assisting the Vice President and Treasurer in safeguarding the company’s finances by managing the corporate liquidity, investments, and foreign exchange risks related to the company’s financial activities. These responsibilities include managing borrowing needs and funds available for investment and managing / leveraging creditor relationships. In addition, this position provides a leadership role in leading transformation of key treasury processes such as cash concentration, automation of bank recs, etc.
The Senior Manager, Treasury supervises and provides mentorship to a Treasury Manager and a Senior Treasury Analyst as well as five indirect reports. They regularly liaise with other senior leaders within the organization and work closely with the Senior Director, Corporate Reporting, Vice President, Legal Affairs, Senior Director, Global Tax, VP, Global Control & Compliance, and the Corporate FP&A team.
In this role you’ll:
- Managing daily liquidity, optimizing banking infrastructure and cash management processes including short term cash flow forecasting.
- Strategic debt and investment management, including responsibility for cash repatriation, debt repayments/issuances/renewals, cash concentration and investment activity and managing relationships with banks.
- Management of staff and review and approval of staff deliverables.
- Review and development of Treasury policies and controls including internal and SOX controls.
- Managing foreign exchange risk and the execution of foreign exchange transactions.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here’s what you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA professional designation preferred, CTP designation a plus
- 7+ years of treasury experience (cash management, cashflow forecasting, fostering strong bank relationships, maintaining revolving credit facilities, etc.) gained in a global, complex, publicly traded organization.
This job will require:
What We Offer:
- This role is directly involved in any significant business ventures – particularly those initiated by HR, IT, Properties, and Business Development – and will lead the investigation into how those decisions will impact cash flow and/or funding requirements.
- This role is responsible for ensuring the appropriate level of funding is available to make accurate and timely payments of dividends, debt principal and interest payments, and operating (employee compensation) and capital (inventory, advances, fixed asset, and investment) expenditures. This includes forecasting cash flow positions and borrowing needs.
- This role is responsible for leveraging relationships with advisors and creditors to understand the market risks facing the company (particularly interest rate and foreign currency) and determining the most appropriate means of managing those risks.
- Determining how to forecast and manage cash flows.
- Determining market and bank products to maximize cash management efficiency.
- Assessing market risk and recommending strategies to manage that risk.
- Identifying excess cash and working with Tax to repatriate in most beneficial way.
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 60+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP / Pension plan with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award-winning LEED gold-certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized cafeteria, dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
Ritchie Bros. has grown from a small-town auctioneer to a global asset management and disposition company. Through our family of companies , we help our customers buy and sell a wide range of used and unused equipment for construction, mining, transportation, agriculture, oil & gas, lifting & material handling, forestry & other industries.
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls, please.
If you require any accommodation, please send an email to: [email protected]