As a woman centered, intersectional feminist association we believe that by working at the individual and collective levels we can create the necessary changes that will offer women and girls a sense of empowerment, choice and greater control over their lives. TCWC embraces an intersectional feminist philosophy central to our work together. A feminist believes in social equality of the sexes. Feminism is not a single ideology, but rather is characterized by a diverse set of perspectives and movements dedicated to promoting women’s rights and choices. .
We are a community based, feminist agency that provides supportive services, advocacy, and programs to women and adolescent girls. We serve Yarmouth, Digby and Shelburne Counties, with our centre located in Yarmouth and satellite outreach offices in Digby & Shelburne.
We are currently seeking an Executive Director. This position requires an in-depth understanding of women's issues and the non-profit sector, and a desire to influence the agenda at both the local and provincial levels.The Executive Director is entrusted with the fulfillment of the mission, vision and strategic priorities of TCWC. They are responsible for the successful leadership and management of TCWC, working closely with: the Board of Directors; financial coordinator, and the Assistant Executive Director. She reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. Social Work), with at least 5 years of related experience working with intersectional feminist theory and practice, and proof of registration with the appropriate regulatory body
- Education and experience in direct service delivery using trauma-informed practices, including counseling and advocacy, that enables provision of clinical supervision to staff
- Preference will be given to to candidates with leadership and management experience, including financial management
- Strong communication skills with working knowledge of partners within the local and provincial communities
- Time management and organization skills
- Reliable independent transportation
*The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal record check and child abuse registry check.
Working within the guiding principles of the organization, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.Primary responsibilities will include:
- operational planning and management
- policy management
- stakeholder relations
- program planning and management
- human resources planning and management
- financial management
- risk management
- caseload management
- clinical supervision of support staff and counselors
- client advocacy
- community development (social action and advocacy)
- representation of the Centre at provincial, regional and local meetings
- development and supervision of projects/proposals
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. As a leader within a collaborative work environment, the Executive Director supports and implements the vision and mission of the organization. She works to carry out its mandate within the guidelines of the philosophy, purpose, goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors.
The Tri County Women’s Centre is an equitable employer and applicants are encouraged to self- identify in their application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $49,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yarmouth, NS B5A 3K3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- TCWC is a primarily women serving organization. Do you identify as a woman or non-binary?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-18