Journeys is a leader in the teen specialty retail scene, with more than 800 stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. Journeys uses fashion savvy and merchandising science to keep in step with the fast-paced footwear and accessories market for 13 to 22-year-old guys and girls. Journeys offers a wide variety of trendy, relevant brands that cater to teens that seek the hottest, new styles. However, the Journeys store is more than a retail environment - it’s an extension of the teen lifestyle. From the TVs playing exclusive content and the latest music videos, to the visual merchandising strategy and promotions, to the employees whose image and style reflect the customers’ lifestyle and attitude. Journeys is, in every way, an attitude you can wear! Journeys is always looking for great people to join our team!
WHY WORK FOR SHOES?
- We’re committed to our people – we want you to succeed!
- We offer rapid promotions for top performers – we promote from within.
- We are fun, a bit irreverent and encourage you to embrace your individuality.
SALES ASSOCIATE - JOB DESCRIPTION
- Meet and exceed personal sales goal and standards of performance.
- Be aware of store sales goal.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Complete all point of sale functions as required.
- Complete all assigned tasks and responsibilities promptly.
- Perform all Operational/Loss Prevention procedures accurately according to policies.
- Maintain store appearance and stockroom organization.
- Effectively communicate all store needs to management
- Stay informed of current fashion trends.
- Complete all required training.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team
- Prior retail sales experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Stand for long periods of time
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person