Your role will include managing all aspects of bread baking as a head bread baker. You should work well with the production team of artisans, create relationships with suppliers and work well with other departments. Knowledge and experience with natural live yeast for sourdoughs is a must.
Candidate must have great sense of production, timing, quality control. Communication skills and ability to work within a team who has the highest level of respect for the heritage of the craft.
FORNO CULTURA was established in 2013 and is quickly growing and expanding its physical and brand presence. As a bakery-our roots in the F&B industry lie in our intergenerational connection to the craft and tradition of Italian baking. We are inspired by traditions in the culinary arts but really define our selves through innovation and pushing the boundaries of taste and the architecture of food and the senses. We are passionate about the quality of ingredients, the heritage of the artisanal craft of baking and the tastes that can transcend time and space. At Forno Cultura, we are in constant exploration and deeply influenced by simple cucina della compagnia.
We are proud to have a work place that is not only exemplary in the industry in promoting a well balanced, respectful, inclusive and positive environment but also competitive salaries, an industry leading health and wellness package and unprecedented growth opportunity. We want to work with likeminded and like hearted individuals who are equally passionate about pushing the boundaries of possibility in the F&B industry.
FORNO CULTURA BREAD PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Forno Cultura ‘s bread program has been consistently recognized as an industry leader for its artisanal heritage and unique methodology and flavor profiles.
The Bread Program Manager at Forno will be a role that requires both experience but most importantly foresight and innovation so that the program can grow in scale, quality and breadth.
You will have access to three generations of family receipts and the ability to interact intimately with the heritage that informs the craft behind Forno Cultura. The insights within these intergenerational recipes come from the heart of bread and pastry making methodologies in Europe.
The main scopes of work for the Bread Program Manager will be the following:
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF DUTIES:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
· Manage multi location production and implementation of the program namely: King St, MOCA, Queen, Focacceria and future bread oriented projects
· Supervise and co-ordinate the essential functions, activities and duties of team bread
· Manage program from a systems and execution perspective based on retail and wholesale requirements
· Gain familiarity with our Revenue management systems to help in understanding and influencing trends of retail, catering and wholesale sales.
· Ensure par levels and ingredients are organized and prepared with systems in place and in a way to maximize the efficiency of production and operations.
· Organize and lead weekly department meetings
· Take part in weekly Production meetings
· Work closely with suppliers to procure seasonal ingredients and have the best price on base ingredients
· Ensure ordering systems are in place
PROGRAM SUPERVISORY FUNCTIONS
· Gain familiarity with existing Forno Cultura recipes and production methods
· Communicate with Production management team, as well as store managers as required daily
· Prepare and prioritize production plan daily
· Time manage team to perform production in the time required
· Perform quality testing on all production for the day
· Prepare and plan for daily and weekly production
· Prep and scale out for bread production
· Shape and bake
· Maintain stocks of dry baked products
· Maintain par level for raw ingredients
· Maintain the mother yeast program
· Partake in seasonal programs
· Understanding the importance of innovation in the ethos of the company, you will lead innovations and testing of new offerings according to long term program/project development
· Ensure we are sourcing raw or seasonal ingredients and incorporate them seasonally into the offerings
· Be involved in costing and wholesale strategies of all the department products
· Develop and R&D centered culture for team members and encourage 10% of department initiatives are spent on new developments.
· Spear head outreach partnerships such as academic relationships (university/colleges) media and special events
· Help build a talent pipeline for future bread enthusiasts
· Outreach efforts with industry partners from supply persepctives
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
· Ensure all staff of trained, following recipes and executing tasks according to expectations
· Ensure staff are aware of health and safety standards in production.
· Ensure tear down and cleaning before end of the day is performed
· Demonstrate outstanding communication and leadership skills
· Communicate openly and fairly with all team members
· Communicate issues or problems to management team so that solutions can be found as efficiently as possible
· Be a role model and lead by example
· Set clear expectation for team and allow them to find success in their skills
Must have 2+ year of commercial baking experience
Must have 2+ years of bread baking experience
Be organized, with a focus on time management and quality control
Be a great communicator
Be able to work flexible, evening hours.
This is a full time position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: One location