CareCorp Senior Services is a trusted agency company who provides superior healthcare, food services, housekeeping and laundry service to long-term care facilities across BC.
We are looking for a Dietary Aide/ Kitchen Helper to join our amazing kitchen team in one of our beautiful long-term care facilities.
Previous experience in a long term care facility or with the senior community is preferred but not required!
Facility address: Discovery Harbour Care Centre, 850 14th Avenue, Campbell River BC V9W 4H4
- Permanent Part Time position.
- Friday-Monday. 3:00pm-7:00pm.
Compensation: $20.97 per hour plus benefits after probation
- Performs all duties in relation to the serving and distribution of food. Ensures that food is served in accordance with the dietary requirements of the residents.
- Strips, racks, and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing machine; stacks clean dishes and utensils; sets, clears, and cleans dining tables.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee, and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment and spot washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Food Safe certificate
- WHIMS certificate.
- Excellent communication skills.
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, CareCorp shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.97 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Campbell River, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you in Campbell River, B.C. or nearby area? If not, are you relocating?
- dietary aide: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safety Certification (required)
Work Location: In person