CERNER BUSINESS CONSULTANT (HEALTH / CERNER IMPLEMENTATION)
Requisition #: R23-2833
Location: Remote (within North America)
Engagement Type: Contract
Number of Resources required: 4
Rate (CAD): Up to $120 per hour / Commensurate with related experience and market competitiveness
Term: 6 months/900 hours (October 3, 2023 to March 31, 2024) with option to extend as needed
Hours per day: 8.00
Security Screening: Criminal Record Check (Standard)
Submit to Tri-global: September 25, 2023 (on or before 2:00 PM Mountain Time)
Closing Date: September 26, 2023 (10:00 AM Mountain Time)
Tri-global Solutions Group Inc. is seeking four (4) Cerner Business Consultants to join our talented Service Delivery team at Island Health (British Columbia Health Authority) to support the IHealth project.
NOTES ON LOCATION: The successful candidate(s) will work remotely, with availability Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, excluding observed holidays. Open to qualified candidates within North America. Successful candidate(s) must be available to start within 10 days of Contract Award.
Please review the project overview and requirements below. If you meet the requirements and are interested in submitting for this role, please reply to this job posting.
If you know other consultants who may be interested in this opportunity kindly share this job posting.
Tri-global Solutions Group Inc.
302, 11007 Jasper Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 0K6
Island Health is continuing to progress the iHealth initiative by expanding the implementation of Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) in tertiary sites, activating next in Victoria General Hospital (VGH) and Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH).
The CPOE stream encompasses the implementation of guided electronic ordering for diagnostic tests, medications and specialist referrals. Medication safety focuses on closed loop medication management, including bar code medication administration and includes interaction checking, medication reconciliation and electronic management of medication histories.
The IHealth team and senior clinical and medical leaders have agreed that Victoria General Hospital (VGH) will go live in mid-February 2024 and Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) will go live in mid-March 2024 with computerized provider order entry (CPOE) and a “closed-loop” medication administration and management system. Gorge Road Hospital (GRH) and South Island Surgical Centre (SISC) will activate with VGH.
Further details of Island Health’s IHealth project can be found at https://ihealth.islandhealth.ca/.
IHealth is a client-focused transformation within Island Health. It is all about client-centered care:
- Supporting quality, safe patient care
- Creating consistency across sites and systems
- Helping to decrease the risk of medication-related errors
IHealth is a transformative approach to health and care within Island Health and our community. One way we are achieving this is by using a technology called the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
The EHR, developed in partnership with Oracle Cerner, is a recording and reporting tool, enabling electronic health documentation, communication, scheduling, ordering and standardization, and decision-making.
A singular, fully electronic health record empowers staff, physicians and clients to be better informed, with increased efficiency and accuracy. Island Health’s primary goal in introducing the IHealth initiative is to improve the health of island residents through personalized, integrated care.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Business Consultant(s) provide for a variety of projects strategic planning support and change management services by performing benefits analysis, workflow and business analysis; using formal data gathering techniques and analyzing and implementing appropriate information systems. They also conduct stakeholder engagement, business/clinical/end user requirements identification and documentation. In addition, they will provide strategic implementation planning and change management support including testing of applications.
The Cerner Business Consultants are required to have 3 to 5+ years’ experience with focus on:
- Clinical client facing (work with physicians, nurses, clerks, ancillary department staff, etc.).
- Cerner Implementations (only ‘at the elbow’ support or help desk DOES NOT count). Must have been boots on ground in the time leading up to go-live.
- Creating/defining future state workflows and seeing them through to system designs and supporting their implementation. Would be capable of:
- Producing end to end workflows by working with clinical SMEs, informatics and Cerner application specialists
- Identifying which design teams will need to be engaged to create a workflow
- Creating requirement documentation and associated test cases that reference requirements
- Producing training material to the extent of a ‘train the trainer’ level
- Cerner Application configuration and technical design exposure
- Ideally have experience with change management/incident management processes.
- Ideally have had experience with ambulatory and acute care implementations.
The successful contractor's responsibilities will include the following:
- Work will be of high standard and quality.
- Work assignments will be completed on time.
- Contractor will need to be able to work in a team environment.
- Updating Island Health’s work assignment system (JIRA) with ticket and task updates
NOT FOR YOU?
Check out our other opportunities at https://tri-global.com or follow us on LinkedIn. We thank all candidates in advance. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $120.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- health domain: 5 years (preferred)
- Clinical client facing (physicians, nurses, staff, etc.): 3 years (required)
- Create workflows through to system designs & implementation: 3 years (required)
- Producing end to end workflows by working with clinical SMEs: 3 years (required)
- Identifying design teams needed to create a workflow: 3 years (required)
- Creating requirement documentation & associated test cases: 3 years (required)
- Producing training material to a ‘train the trainer’ level: 3 years (required)
- change management/incident management processes: 3 years (required)
- Cerner Application configuration & technical design exposure: 3 years (preferred)
- Cerner Implementation (Electronic Health Record): 3 years (required)
Work Location: Remote
Expected start date: 2023-10-03