Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
Overview of role:
The Senior Business Analyst – Sales and Marketing Technology is responsible for being the lead business analyst with key stakeholders in the sales and marketing departments to assess and understand business processes and recommend how those processes can be implemented and improved by leveraging technology.
This role will be a key resource in gathering and developing requirements for operations and projects. They will be a trusted senior resource within the business and product focused teams and will help influence the business and technology strategy.
Critical to the technology roadmap for the supported business unit, the senior business analyst will provide input and feedback to the Senior Product Manager related to the multi-year lifecycle of the products they support.
The successful candidate must exhibit a high standard of excellence, enjoy challenges, be results driven and have a proven technical background.
Key deliverables include:
- Analyse business and technology processes to understand areas of improvement and efficiency.
- Requirements gathering and development for operations and projects.
- Stakeholder management with business partners and technology peers.
- Contribute to the product roadmaps in conjunction with the Senior Product Manager.
- Manage the intake process, working with business and technology stakeholder teams on forming requests with detail that lead to high quality estimates and plans.
- Champion for technology within external business stakeholder groups.
- Research market innovations and advancements within product and business process areas.
- Participate in the development of business cases and the budgeting process.
Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical or business-related area
- 6+ years in relevant technical teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for process analysis and improvement
- High degree of confidence while influencing stakeholders outside of their team
- Proven track record to communicate both in business and technical fields, ability to translate between the two
- Experience in sales, marketing or CRM platforms is an asset.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.