Our large Edmonton-based government client has an immediate need for a Business Consultant for 6 months plus possible extension.
The project is a portfolio of policy, information, funding reporting and analysis projects focused on supporting transformation of the Continuing Care System. The Transformation is focused on shifting care to the community, enhancing workforce capacity, increasing choice and innovation, and improving quality.
This role would be primarily remote - in person attendance will be required for some presentations, meetings, etc. The candidate will have to be on-site 20 to 40% of the time.
The Contractor shall be responsible for providing all its equipment, including computers, and high-speed internet.
- Lead, facilitate and document strategic plans and priorities, aligning to Department vision;
- Identify projects to achieve this vision;
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops and focus groups;
- Prepare and present strategies and information to steering committees and project groups;
- Prepare and deliver presentations about initiatives or issues to executives and staff, steering committees, project groups and Service Alberta personnel and
- Assist with risk management and issues management
- Develop and execute change management plans and communication plans
- Develop business cases through a consultative approach with business sponsors and key stakeholders, identifying benefits and performance measure
- Document initiative/project backgrounds, descriptions, environmental analyses, financial modeling, alternatives, impacts, risks, cost-benefit analyses,
recommendations, implementation strategies, and approval processes;
- Provide quality assurance services throughout the business case development to ensure completeness and consistency of documentation, which could
include content review;
- Identify risks associated with business cases and their implementation; and
- Integrate and align multiple business cases; understand and document dependencies
M1. The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following combinations of education or certification and experience in the resource role. education in computing science, business or a related discipline at a:
University degree level and four years of related experience;
OR Two-year diploma level and six years of related experience; OR One-year certificate level and seven years of related experience.
M2. Min 4 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience using analytical and problem solving skills to plan and design creative solutions.
M3. Min 5 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience with business writing, communication and documentation.
M4. Min 5 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis of revenue, costs, margin and benefits.
M5. Min 5 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience with managing projects in an organization of comparable size and complexity
to the GoA.
M6. Min 5 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience with the development of technical and business or related types of policies,
standards and practices
D1. Min 4 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated ability to build robust options and recommendations on politically charged and complex issues
without formal guidelines or precedents.
D2. Min 4 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated ability to interpret the layers of business issues to understand the base stakeholder issues.
D3. Min 1 years - The proposed resource must have demonstrated experience working with large clients/government implementing Microsoft user consumption
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please contact your local Randstad Technologies representative with your resume and with the Job ID in the subject line for consideration.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada's workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to [email protected]
to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.