Come join our team!!
We are accepting resumes for a Planning & Scheduling Administrator in our Fort McKay (Wood Buffalo Region) location.
If you are an enthusiastic team player, are excited to work in a safety-sensitive, fast-paced environment, then Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is the place for you! In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
The Planning & Scheduling Administrator will be expected to work 10-hour days, Monday through Friday. Shared transportation will also be provided to and from site.
An excellent Planning & Scheduling Administrator provides clerical and administrative support to the Maintenance Department and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data. This person will also need to:
- Be flexible and calm to effectively and efficiently switch between tasks and demands
- Be resourceful and anticipate needs
- Be able to thrive in an environment with heavy workloads
- Be extremely organized
- Be able to plan strategically
- Be detail-oriented
- Be an effective communicator (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Be able to collaborate and work well within the team
- Be adept in technology
We are seeking a strong self-starter who is motivated, committed and wants to grow with us.
Helping you Move the Earth!
Celebrating more than 20 Years in business, Heavy Metal Equipment and Rentals is North America’s largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining Equipment
- Construction Equipment
- Pipeline Equipment
- Forestry Equipment
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
As a Planning and Scheduling Administrator YOU will:
- Provide support to the Maintenance Department in various administrative and clerical duties
- Record and report data (pre-trip inspections, PM documents, regulatory inspections, outstanding repairs, backlog items) while maintaining fleet data integrity
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service and operational issues as it relates to documented asset history
- Review, process and file all relevant documentation within the allocated file structure
- Maintain and distribute department related information as required
What we need from YOU:
- Ability to champion a strong safety culture with a demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on administrative support experience preferably in a Planning and/or Scheduling department
- Office Administration Diploma preferred
- Experience working with the planning and scheduling of heavy equipment (dozers, haul trucks, shovels, excavators) of all major makes and models (CAT, Komatsu, John Deere and Hitachi) would be considered an asset
- Collaborative communication style with great interpersonal skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on HME’s success
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products and database computer programs
- Strong ethics and compliance to rules and regulations
- Strong numbers-oriented and attention to detail focus
- Ability to adapt to changing environments quickly, analyze and assess information to make appropriate recommendations
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Own transportation and willingness to drive to and from our Fort McKay location
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of a Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of certifications and education
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages & benefits
- Positive team environment
- Current resources necessary for your position
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Training and advancement opportunities
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Planning & Scheduling Admin in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews. As this is a safety-sensitive position, employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
We have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our teams by providing: strict protocols/practices to meet legislated, client & company needs, additional PPE and modified the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Work Location: In person