Founded in 1975, BR+A Consulting Engineers maintains a total staff of over 500 employees located at our main office in Boston and branch offices in New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Vienna, VA (Washington, DC); Coral Gables, FL (Miami); Chicago, IL; St. Louis, MO; Tampa, FL; Charlotte, NC, Charleston, SC and Guelph, Ontario. BR+A provides state-of-the-art integrated and coordinated mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection consulting engineering, technology systems design, lighting design, and building commissioning services.
BR+A is seeking applicants for an Electrical Engineer. The candidate would be strongly motivated, well organized, and show professional initiative. The applicant should be able to take ownership of assignments and perform well both independently and as part of the project team.
· Prepare or assist with the development of all system engineering concepts (e.g. basis of design brief) and concept report. Review and manage the design in terms of construction budgets;
· Provide Engineering, Design work and drafting of plans;
· Implement approved system concepts from a schematic diagram to floor plans;
· Sketch rough layouts to review with Project Engineer or Project Manager;
· Review product cut sheets and technical information;
· Communicate with Project Manager/Project Engineer regarding potential problems;
· Meet with vendors to determine spatial requirements for the application of the product;
· Attend meetings as required;
· Work to submit the required documentation per project deadlines and milestones;
· Attend in-house coordination meetings when appropriate;
· Develop a strategy to meet the projects’ schedule;
· Assist in the development of engineering systems concepts (M/E);
· Assist the design team on major design issues;
· Responsible for organizing required technical correspondence, emails, and calculations;
· Perform fieldwork and verification of existing conditions;
· Revit and AutoCAD proficiency is a requirement;
· Serve as a technical resource for team members;
· Responsible for reviewing project deliverables such as reports, calculation, drawings, and specifications;
· Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals;
· Carry out peer reviews;
· Act as project manager as required.
Essential Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Possesses excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
· Good understanding of engineering concepts, design, and spatial requirements;
· Working knowledge of OBC, OESC, NFPA, ASHRAE, IEEE, and other relevant codes and standards. Capable of communicating all requirements to the design team;
· Positive attitude, result-driven and team-oriented;
· Be able to think three-dimensionally;
· Capable of visiting job sites to perform fieldwork;
· Able to manage time to meet deadlines;
· LEED certification or experience implementing sustainable design (LEED projects) is an asset.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering;
· P. Eng License;
· Minimum of 10 years of related experience.
BR+A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The candidate must pass a drug test.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person