Production OPERATOR - Cornwallis, Nova Scotia
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Operator runs equipment within the required specifications within a highly automated and modern production facility. There are procedures for the Operator to follow, but the job also requires the Operator to think critically, problem-solve, and make adjustments as necessary. The Operator will also be responsible for maintaining a clean work area and helping out in other areas of the plant as needed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures in a safe and timely manner.
- Record all required data on daily shift reports.
- Operate mobile equipment in a safe manner.
- Maintain housekeeping in accordance with 5S and safety requirements.
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Supervisor immediately.
- Be flexible and open to cross-training.
- Support the needs of the team by displaying a passion for achieving results.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent is desired. Experience in a processing plant environment would be an asset. Experience with rotating shiftwork in a 24/7 operation is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and basic math skills are required.
- Candidates must be motivated to learn other operations of the plant and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a desire to get the job done, and done right.
- Must have reliable personal transportation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Acadian Seaplants has many pandemic related protocols to protect the safety of workers.
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person