Job Title: Maintenance Manager - Meat Processing Facility Location: Central Alberta
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 per year
About Us: Express Employment Professionals is thrilled to present a unique opportunity for a dedicated Maintenance Manager to join a thriving meat processing facility in Central Alberta. Our client is an industry leader, renowned for their unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. If you are a proactive leader with a strong maintenance background and a passion for driving production efficiency, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team.
Key Responsibilities: As our Maintenance Manager, you will be at the forefront of ensuring top-tier maintenance practices are applied across the organization, covering processing, growth, and office areas. Your role is instrumental and encompasses a range of critical responsibilities:
- Maintenance Leadership: Lead the charge in corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance initiatives, ensuring all company assets are readily available and deliver quality results efficiently, reliably, and safely.
- Equipment and Process Optimization: Play a vital role in the design, selection, installation, and commissioning of new equipment and processes, driving continuous improvement.
- Documentation and Reporting: Establish performance metrics and maintain accurate records to provide transparent visibility of maintenance functions to upper management.
- Multi-Disciplinary Collaboration: Collaborate effectively across functions, offering technical expertise and guidance to resolve maintenance-related inquiries and issues.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure all maintenance work aligns with manufacturing codes, regulations, and standards, including H&SE, GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS, and MSDS.
- Budget Management: Take charge of budgeting, cost control, operational efficiency, and cost optimization within the maintenance domain.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and inspire the maintenance team, instilling a culture of excellence, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Quality Assurance: Review and take necessary actions concerning Food Safety and Quality documents.
- Maintenance Management: Efficiently manage work orders, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and temporary repairs to minimize downtime.
- Equipment Inspections: Actively participate in monthly plant and equipment inspections to ensure optimal functionality and safety.
- Equipment Integration: Ensure that new or modified existing equipment is seamlessly integrated into the maintenance program.
- Compliance Oversight: Manage Corrective Actions Requests for maintenance, including internal audits, CFIA, and third-party audits.
- Quality Systems: Monitor, support, and maintain Quality, Food Safety, and SQF systems to the highest standards.
- SOP Adherence: Uphold Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs and other training materials provided.
- GMP Enforcement: Review and rigorously enforce Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) among employees.
- HACCP Support: Actively participate in or provide support to the HACCP team, ensuring comprehensive compliance.
- Contractor Coordination: Collaborate seamlessly with all outside contractors, ensuring safe and code-compliant work execution.
- Preventative Maintenance: Enhance and sustain existing preventative maintenance systems for optimum performance.
- Technical Resource: Act as the go-to technical resource to address and resolve any maintenance-related inquiries and problems.
- Utility Management: Oversee the safe and efficient operation of all utilities within the facility, including Refrigeration, Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), Cooling Tower, Air Compressors, HVAC, and more.
- Education: Possess an educational background in mechanical or engineering technology (diploma or degree), complemented by a Millwright and/or Electrician license (or equivalent).
- Experience: Accumulate a minimum of five (5) years of leadership experience in a related position within the food and beverage industry.
- Interpersonal Skills: Exhibit excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Technical Competence: Showcase strong troubleshooting skills, including PLC programming, and proficiency in computerized preventive maintenance programs.
- Innovation Focus: Demonstrate a progressive approach to maintenance and a commitment to process improvement.
- Computer Proficiency: Utilize computer skills, particularly in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Effective Planning: Exhibit the ability to prioritize, plan, and schedule work effectively within a fast-paced and values-driven production environment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary ranging from $85,000 to $95,000 per year.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Full benefits package.
If you are ready to take the helm of a dynamic maintenance team within a cutting-edge meat processing facility, we encourage you to apply now. Your expertise will be instrumental in upholding operational excellence and product quality.
Express Employment Professionals is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Leadership: 5 years (required)
- Meat Processing Maintenance: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person