Ocean Sonics Ltd.
110 Parkway Drive, Truro Heights
Nova Scotia Canada B6L 1N8
Embedded Firmware Engineer
Ocean Sonics Ltd. (www.oceansonics.com) is a growing, innovative, Ocean Technology
company that designs and manufactures Smart Hydrophones used to improve the quality and
success of underwater sound measurements. We require an Embedded Firmware Engineer
who can work with our team developing firmware for use with our Smart Hydrophone,
products, and accessories.
- Prototype, design, implement, test and deliver highly robust and efficient embedded
firmware solutions for our products
- Write clean, structured, tested and, maintainable code
- Create and update software product documentation
- Understand product requirements, engage with team members to define solutions
You are a curious, dedicated, and highly motivated person with a positive attitude who is eager
to learn and ready to join an innovative company with few formal procedures and limits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in embedded firmware design (preferably C/C++)
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and data-oriented with a passion for problem-solving
- Experience working with and architecting multithread, real-time programs
- Ability to follow software standards
- Ability to work as part of a team on new and existing firmware development
- Eligible to work in Canada
Related Skills Requirements
- Development experience with 32-bit processors (ARM cortex)
- Deep understanding of DMA, interrupts, UART, SPI, I2C, Timers.
- Experience with low power design and Real-time operating systems
- Experience with Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills