Edison Properties is a property management company that has been in business for over 50 years providing apartments for rent ranging from cozy and comfortable bachelor apartments to luxurious penthouse suites in the Winnipeg market. We have a strong belief in giving back to our community and take pride in providing quality customer service based on a foundation of integrity and fairness.
We are seeking a part-time Payroll Assistant to join our team! Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Administrator, the Payroll Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that employees are compensated for their work. The Payroll Assistant will be required to gather all information pertaining to work patterns and salary deductions and to ensure that this is captured accurately on our payroll software. You should also provide employees with insight into payroll activities and work to resolve their queries, as needed.
- Administers the payroll processing to provide payment of wages to employees
- Performing all tasks well before the pay run to ensure that employees are compensated and notified on time.
- Remains current with regulatory changes and the impact on payroll processes
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Supports the reconciliation process, both for each pay period and year-end.
- Compiles payroll data and maintains records in accordance with payroll processes.
- Prepares computer input forms and enters payroll data into the system.
- Oversees time and attendance records in the system.
- Confirming that legally-mandated and optional deductions have been processed correctly.
- Acts as another point of contact for payroll inquiries.
- Working to resolve discrepancies in payments as a matter of urgency.
- Provides the record keeping ensuring benefits information is up to date as the benefits program are provided to employees
- Basic communication with benefit providers regarding administrative tasks of set up, benefit changes, handling of life claims, etc.
- Responds to disability inquiries, provides disability management advice to managers and technical support to employees.
- Tracks disability management data including dates for RTW, accommodations required, timely correspondence with those involved and generates disability management reports.
- Liaises proactively with appropriate third parties to manage claims, including medical practitioners and experts, employee assistance programs, etc.
Other duties as may be assigned.
- Enrollment in/completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of experience processing payroll for a small to medium-sized organization combined with experience in benefit administration.
- Working availability needed: Part-time, 24 hours per week.
- Clear Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector) is required
- Systems/Programs: Proficiency with payroll systems (e.g. UKG, ADP, Workday) and the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Excellent data entry, data cleaning, and math skills.
- Knowledge of legislation and procedures pertaining to salary deductions.
- Capacity to keep track of numerous ongoing tasks.
We recognize that employee satisfaction is integral to the company’s success and offer a friendly and positive work environment along with a competitive compensation and benefits program that includes 100% employer-paid health and dental group benefits, a group DPSP/RRSP matching program, and a health care spending account. We want work to be a source of pride and personal fulfillment for our staff as they contribute to our joint success!
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
3 year(s): Payroll processing