Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
SERVICE SUPERINTENDENT, 4-STROKE, ENERGY BUSINESS
We are looking for a Service Superintendent, 4-Stroke to join our dynamic and fast-paced Service Team for Energy Business. The desired location for this position is Canada.
What will you be doing
As a Service Superintendent, you will perform Field Service activities and lead commissioning activities.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with 4-Stroke engines and knowledge of auxiliary systems and equipment.
As a Service Superintendent, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Perform Field Service activities according to the work plan.
- Perform advanced mechanical, as well as electronic & automation and system integration-related, troubleshooting on 4-stroke engines and auxiliary equipment.
- Act as system commissioning engineer and lead the related commissioning activities.
- On-site team leading and managing of the assigned team and related activities during the work execution (when applicable).
- Perform technical advisory for repair activities executed on customers responsibility.
- Interact with customers during the work execution.
- Commissioning of service products.
- Interacting with FS back office and TS during work execution.
- Perform internal and external progress status reports of the assigned work.
- Create the Service Work Reports.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wartsila quality, health and environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Comply with the management system accordingly to what has been implemented locally for her/his position.
- Proactively consult, advise and promote available Wartsila solutions and products to customer.
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values and company policies applicable as employee and to the position.
- Knowledge sharing ability and availability to training colleagues.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- 4-Stroke gas and liquid full engine technical knowledge. Not only mechanical knowledge - should have a multi-disciplinary background: E&A, electronic adjustments.
- Knowledge of auxiliary systems and equipment (holistic vision)
- Fluency on the English language and desire on French language
- Cultural sensitivity (understanding cultural differences, working respectfully).
- Communication (with the client, inside and outside Wartsila, speaking and writing, technical report).
- Quality of technical reports (objective, with relevant data).
- Leadership and Team player skills
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with a local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
The successful applicant must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship.
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation, total efficiency, and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totaled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more: www.wartsila.com .
Application Deadline: 12/20/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- What are your salary expectations? (annual base salary in CAD)?
- 4-Stroke engines: 4 years (preferred)