At Bushtukah, our goal is to offer the best possible service experience to each and every customer. We are expected to keep the best interests of our customers in mind at all times; not only do we want to find the best solution for their needs, but we want to do it in a way that makes us their only destination for active lifestyle gear. Our customer service is what sets us apart. We seek employees who are committed to this goal. Our staff are passionate about what we do.
Job Title: Clothing Department Manager
The Job: The Clothing Department Manager oversees the day to day management of the Clothing Department at our Westboro location (203 Richmond Road) and supports the management of the entire sales floor and customer service experience. This position is a key leader on the store team, supervising a team of sales staff to maximize sales opportunities and provide outstanding customer experiences. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with all Department Managers, Department Leads, Buyers and the entire retail team.
- Directly responsible for in-store customer service experience and sell through within Clothing Department
- Assist in the planning and organizing of day to day operations of the store, to maximize sales and productivity and monitoring activities in the department and holding the team accountable to achieve store and department goals
- Motivate, model, train and lead staff to maintain all standards relating to presenting/merchandising product, loss prevention, managing product flow and keeping the department Clean/Tidy/Organized (CTO), while ensuring Clothing staff prioritize customers first.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly staff schedules to ensure cost-effective work assignment scheduling and increased team productivity by organizing resources, delegating responsibility and ensuring accountability within the Clothing Department.
- TRAIN! Help build a talented team of sales associates/cashiers to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall team focusing on increased product knowledge and our Sales Best Practices. Training efforts are essential and ongoing, beginning with on-boarding and orientation and throughout an employee’s tenure with Bushtukah. Consistent coaching and evaluating performance is expected to be a priority on a daily basis.
- Coordinate and follow up on execution of prep to sell activities/priority lists relating to merchandising and product flow (ex. Sale pricing, clearance, aged inventory, delivery coordination, floorplan changes, etc…)
- Foster a positive workplace culture for the team, recognizing teamwork and strong performance that improves the employee and customer experience.
- Assumes store manager responsibilities in her/his absence. (MOD duties)
- Communicate with Buyers/Warehouse team on a frequent basis regarding sales cycles, product trends and inventory level.
- Organize contests and pro-deals
- Propose and initiate plans/ideas to improve the client experience.
- Pro-actively improving your product knowledge and taking advantage of training opportunities.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 2-5 years supervising a sales team in an outdoor gear/clothing retail environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Merchandising and Presentation standards of a retail clothing business
- Possess excellent organization and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Put customers first and listen to their needs.
- Be highly sales and profit driven
- Enjoy helping people and solving problems.
- Be a positive team leader who adapts, motivates, supports, educates and takes ownership.
- Have a strong sense of urgency in dealing with the needs of the business.
- Share your high standard of professionalism and enthusiasm for the activities we promote.
- Learn as much as you can about the products and services we offer.
- Look for ways to strive for continuous improvement…provide feedback and collaborate with the team.
- Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Work Location: In person