We at Resolute are a diverse group of individuals who possess a wide variety of skills. Here, we believe that giving you the ability to maximize your potential without constraint is key to our shared success.
Our Ignace location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Sawmill Manager, Ignace Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Sawmill Manager, Ignace Sawmill
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Mill Manager for our Ignace sawmill and & kilns in Northwest Ontario. In this role, you will manage a team of staff, operators and maintenance specialists during the operation of this facility.
The Mill Manager reports to the General Manager, Ontario Sawmills. The Mill Manager is directly responsible for the Ignace manufacturing operation and the interface between woodlands, sales and marketing. The responsibilities include all aspects of the business from the safety of all the employees to the business performance, including administration and labor relations.
- Ensure application of the highest Safety standards to achieve superior health and safety results
- Leadership that results in an effective and positive operation and employee collaboration and ownership of results
- Institute and maintain progressive employee training and development programs and a succession plan for the Ignace operation
- Manage all labour relations, manpower and scheduling requirements
- Maintain progressive implementation of the appropriate work systems, and service and supply contracts
- Develop yearly and five-year capital and operating plans for operations
- Oversee budgets to ensure good cost control and decision making
- Maintain continuous improvement program and maintenance systems to maximize performance in business KPI’s
- Optimize product values through coordination between lumber sales and sawmill and Atikokan planer operations for best product strategy and product distribution
- Ensure optimal quality and fibre recovery through process optimization and quality control
- Coordinate inventories to optimize working capital
- Ensure product quality (lumber, chips, bark, sawdust and shavings) meets customer needs and lumber grade standards
- Ensure environmental compliance and application of ISO-14001 processes
- Effective communication between business units, employees, customers and the community
- Enforcement and support of corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain security of assets
- Reporting to the General Manager, Ontario Sawmills, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are motivated to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma
- A minimum of five years of equivalent experience in forest products manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles in a manufacturing setting
Your assets and skills
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written); bilingualism an asset
- Ability to assume responsibility, manage multiple priorities and collaboratively drive issues to closure
- Ability to make appropriate decisions rapidly on the basis of experience and judgment even when you have incomplete information and/or you are under pressure
- Strong attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
What we are Offering:
- Health, Safety & Environmentally conscious
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays a year from the first day of work, depending on your experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work environment based on respect, inclusion and diversity correct
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today!
In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Ignace Sawmill is located at the township of Ignace, ON. The community of Ignace is located 250km Northwest of Thunder Bay, ON and 106km east of Dryden, ON (for more information about the region, please visit http://town.ignace.on.ca/)
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Be part of the change. Be part of a dynamic team.
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering an energetic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills. We are more than 8,000 employees in Canada, the United States and various other international locations.
We are looking for employees with the experience and expertise to improve our efficiency, increase our long-term profitability and deliver first-class products and services to our customers. And you, what are you looking for?
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure our viability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
Join the conversation!
Visit The Resolute Blog at blog.resolutefp.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.