Now in our 18th year of operation, Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is a technical resource of choice for the mining and resource sectors. Built to respond quickly and deliver results on time and on budget, Nordmin utilizes its knowledge, experience and innovation to provide solutions.
With three offices, located in Thunder Bay and Sudbury, Ontario as well as Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA, Nordmin provides Engineering and Geologic Consulting Services to Clients worldwide.
Nordmin Engineering Ltd. is presently looking to add to our Electrical Engineering group and is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER
This position will develop structural designs and drawings for projects in all stages from conceptual to construction. The individuals in this role will take responsibility for engineering works and apply their P.Eng seal as required.
- Design of new buildings and structures as well as structural alterations and additions.
- Analysis of existing structures and building condition assessment reports.
- Design of structures utilizing hand calculations, spreadsheets, and structural design software for steel, concrete, masonry and timber structures.
- Supporting the development of proposals, study reports, engineering specifications, and contract documents
- Manage and coordinate projects with clients and other disciplines.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers and drafting personnel to develop structural drawings.
- Respond to client request for proposals.
- Providing engineering technical field support during construction, including responding to RFIs from contractors, issuing Site Instructions and performing field reviews.
- Coordinate with Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical engineering disciplines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO.
- 4 to 10 years of experience in structural design of buildings.
- Excellent knowledge of structural theory, the National Building Code of Canada, Ontario Building Code and Canadian design standards (concrete, structural steel, wood, masonry).
- Experience with US design standards will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and design software such as S-FRAME.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and take responsibility for engineering works.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to continual improvement and learning.
PROVIDED BY NORDMIN
- An excellent working environment focused on client needs and project delivery in a flexible, inclusive team.
- Access to training and upgrading opportunities.
- A highly competitive salary, paid overtime, a matching RRSP system and profit sharing when possible.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- A Wellness Allowance.
- Reasonably flexible working arrangements.
- A caring and responsive management group that works with our employees to resolve any issue
If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for structural design, we invite you to apply for the position of Structural Design Engineer. Join our team of talented professionals and contribute to the creation of innovative and safe structures that shape our built environment.
Nordmin is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive recruitment and selection process. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request as required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thunder Bay, ON P7A 6R1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- structural engineering: 4 years (required)
Work Location: In person