J. M. Giffin Engineering Inc. is a well established structural consulting firm located in Dieppe, NB that specializes in building design. For over 35 years J. M. Giffin Engineering has provided clients with practical design solutions for thousands of projects across the complete range of building sectors including; industrial, commercial, municipal, institutional, and residential.
We currently have an immediate opening for a full-time Intermediate-Senior Structural Design Engineer.
- To oversee & manage multiple projects from the pre-design phase through to the project's completion
- Perform technical design calculations and specify structural building components for steel, concrete, and timber structures
- Prepare mark-ups & design sketches
- Coordinate projects with clients, architects, and other design disciplines by email, phone, and in-person
- Model & analyze the building's structural components
- Review & design-check projects managed by other engineers within the office
- Review projects during construction to ensure compliance with the structural design
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Structural Focus)
- 4+ years of relevant structural design experience
- Holds P.Eng accreditation in a Canadian Engineering Association
- Knowledge of Canadian structural design codes, standards, and building codes
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel locally for project reviews and meetings
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Profit Sharing
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have an active professional engineer license (P.Eng.) in at least one Canadian Province?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Structural Engineering: 4 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-15