Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial, and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Focusing solely on mining, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes, and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load, and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with Komatsu Mining's support people and through its services located close to the mines. Komatsu Mining's products and related services are used extensively for the mining of coal, copper, iron, gold, and other mineral resources, and the company employs people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique growth opportunities:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package (health & dental, vision coverage, healthcare spending account, and life insurance)
- Personal wellness spending account
- Company-sponsored registered pension plan (RPP) and matching program.
- Safety boot voucher
- Paid vacation
- Company-supplied tools
- 4/5 Rating on Glassdoor
- Sustainable employment
- Ability to be a part of an exciting, innovative company developing new state-of-the-art technology and equipment
Discussion regarding full compensation package conducted upon initial pre-screen
Please visit our website https://www.komatsu.com/careers/ for more information.
Reports to: Manager, Welding Shop Operations
Shift: 14 x 14 FIFO
Location: Wabush, Newfoundland
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation.
Trade: Mechanical / Welding Knowledge and Experience Required
Manage all aspects of projects whether individually or within a team, from start to finish. Including but not limited to initial inspection, quoting, mobilization, parts and consumable management, completing the work scope and demobilization.
- Responsible for inspection of rebuild components, including the professional reporting of results.
- Oversight and documentation of all aspects related to quality and safety during execution of welding and/or assembly operations.
- Provide customers with daily progress reports during on-site rebuilds and maintain records of daily activities being carried out at our maintenance facility, when not in the field.
- Supervise and effectively lead a diverse trade team ranging from two to ten individuals, ensuring adherence to company policy and processes, while driving Safety, Law, Quality, Delivery, and Cost to complete each project successfully.
- Organize resources, personnel, and materials to complete projects on schedule and within budget. This requires a clear understanding of the nature of the projects and the steps required to achieve project outcomes that satisfy customers and meet overall business objectives.
- Responsible for implementing and ensuring that a safe project site maintain a safe project site, and have their direct reports accurately complete all required safety documentation (FLRA’s, JSO’s, Near Miss/Substandard Conditions, site inspections, etc.)
- Will be required to provide constructive and developmental feedback in a professional manner to peers and direct reports on all projects. Complete required performance reviews of direct reports throughout all projects and as requested.
- Work closely with the project team to analyze applicable reports, drawings, specifications, and related project documentation to achieve superior results.
- Can establish and maintain a good working relationship with our internal and external customers at all levels within the organization.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 4 - 8 years of Journeyperson Trade experience in a surface mining environment i.e., Millwright, HET, Welding, Electrical
- Practical experience of non-destructive testing techniques and reporting
- Self-starter with strong leadership qualities to effectively direct the workforce on all projects carried out through our business.
- Exhibit a clear understanding of all project parameters (budgets, schedules, requirements, etc.)
- Experience leading a team/crew of skilled personnel on short and/or long-term projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of surface mining equipment.
- Superior communication skills including strong written and verbal skills, presentation skills, taking the lead on conversations ensuring clarity and understanding, delivering clear and concise directions, and minimizing gaps of knowledge and/or information at all levels.
- Ability to manage multiple urgent requests and rapidly changing priorities. Strong attention to detail and able to work within the framework of multiple deadlines.
- Able to set and maintain company standards, maintain morale, and motivate crews.
- A strategic, creative thinker with well-developed analytical, problem solving and planning skills to provide advice and recommend change.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of products including MS-Project, MS-Presentation, MS-Excel, and MS-Word
Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- -Health and Safety focused.
Komatsu (Joy Global - Canada) is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Accommodations during the application process are available upon request. While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.