Questrade Financial Group (QFG) of Companies is committed to helping our customers become much more financially successful and secure.
We are everything a traditional financial institution is not. At QFG, you will be constantly moving forward, bringing the future of fintech into existence. You will be a part of a collaborative team that cares deeply about our mission and each other. Your team members will help you conquer challenges, push boundaries and discover what you are truly capable of.
This is a place where you can explore, discover and learn with continuous growth. As a diverse and inclusive place to work, there are flexible working arrangements so you can unleash your creativity and curiosity with no limits. If you share the same sense of infinite possibility, come shape your future at Questrade.
What is Zolo
Zolo.ca, the Zolo Web App, and the Zolo App are operated under license from Questrade, Inc.
Zolo Ventures Ltd., its subsidiaries, and Questrade, Inc. are members of the Questrade Group of Companies. Questrade Group of Companies means Questrade Financial Group Inc. and its affiliates that provide deposit, investment, loan, securities, mortgages, real estate and other products or services.
Home transactions are confusing, stressful, and difficult. They shouldn’t be. Old school real estate sites aren’t up to the challenge of making it better. That’s where we come in.
Zolo helps people confidently take the next step in life by making the home journey easier, transparent, and exciting.
One of Canada’s most popular national real estate marketplaces – more than 12 million home shoppers use Zolo each month to buy, sell, rent, finance, and learn about real estate.
The team is composed of technology industry veterans from companies like Uber, Kijiji, and Zillow, award-winning journalists, and experienced real estate professionals. Founded in 2012, Zolo is a profitable growth company helping Canadians with all steps of homeownership.
How you’ll work
Born as a digital-first company, Zolo offers a hybrid work environment. Slack and Google Workspace are the primary ways to collaborate. The family-first culture allows for convenient work and home integration. Never miss family events again.
Focus time is sacred. Operate a flexible calendar with minimal meetings.
Your efforts will have an outsized impact on the happiness of millions of Canadians.
What you will be doing
As a Deal Administrator on the Conveyancing team, you will be:
- Executing Real Estate Transactions: You’ll be working closely with our finance & accounting, and compliance teams. You will engage with our team of agents and our customers frequently to process real estate trade transactions serviced by our brokerage. In this role, you’ll manage deal transactions and process a high volume of real estate transactions. You’ll be expected to calculate commissions for real estate transactions, prepare trade record sheets and files, and send commission invoices internally and externally. Once deals are completed, you’ll close out the deals. You will update property listings on BCREA/OMREB/RECA as part of the role. As well as working with the Association of Interior Realtors.
- Provide superior customer service: A fundamental part of the role will be to provide excellent communication and superior customer service as part of a highly efficient, fast moving and deadline driven team. You’ll be required to correspond with our team of agents, other brokerages, lawyers, builders and cooperating agents. Providing follow ups on closing and commissions.
- Assisting Real Estate Accountants: You’ll help with journal entries, reconciliations, Trust Account management, month end closing procedures and other ad hoc duties as required.
- Managing Office duties: You’ll answer phone calls, manage emails, assist in organizing monthly sales meetings when applicable, help to maintain team shared social spaces, print packages for Realtor interviews when required and by being an ambassador for in office protocols.
This is a short-term temporary position covering an 18 month maternity leave.
- You have experience providing excellent customer service and creating superior customer experiences ideally within a real estate environment.
- You are tech savvy and have a high level of computer literacy which include proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, Excel, and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to improve organizational processes and standard operating procedures.
- The idea of automated systems is exciting to you and you’re eager to develop and implement systems that leverage automation.
- You are passionate about web-based and mobile technology. You keep abreast of industry trends and developments.
- As an approachable and curious person, you have an appreciation for people of diverse backgrounds and are eager to help others.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication.
- You are self motivated and are able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Skills needed for success
- 1-3+ years of professional experience with a background in real estate
- 2+ years of recent experience working with real estate conveyancing procedures.
- Formal education is not a prerequisite to be successful but a post secondary degree or near completion is preferred.
- Experience in an administrative or conveyancing capacity as either a deal administrator or deal secretary is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Lone Wolf or an equivalent software, experience in a finance department, and understanding of full cycle accounting would be considered an asset.
- Tech savviness and proficiency working in Excel and Word.
- Preference to those with pre-existing Deal Secretary, Deal Administration, Real Estate Office Administration and or other real estate brokerage experience.
To get a head start, the following experience would be useful but not required:
- Working at a tech scale-up
- Real estate, Proptech or Fintech sector
- Ability to navigate in Microsoft Office, and Google Workspace within a mixed Windows OS and MacOS environment.
Conditions may apply*
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- GoodLife Fitness Membership discounts
- Professional Development & Education
- Donation Matching
- Special occasion or birthday paid time off, plus a gift
- 12 weeks of Maternity/Pregnancy or Parental leave top up at 100%
- Family-friendly – never miss a family event or dinner
We care deeply about our people. That is why you can be your authentic self at a place where you can explore, discover and learn.
It’s not a slogan or monthly gathering that makes our culture. It’s the beliefs, norms and atmosphere that makes you feel part of something bigger than yourself. Part of a team on the same journey that shares the same sense of infinite opportunity.
Apply to this job posting via Zolo's careers page on BambooHR by clicking this direct link: https://zoloca.bamboohr.com/careers/66?source=aWQ9MTM%3D
At Questrade Financial Group of Companies, with multiple office locations around the world, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. This is an environment where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Here, the unique skills and experience you bring will be valued. You will be supported and motivated, so that you can harness your unlimited potential. Our team reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in. Having a collaborative and diverse team helps us push boundaries to bring the future of fintech into existence—not only for the benefit of our customers, but for those who build their career with us.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment/selection process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.