Moraine Lake Bus Company is a local family-owned business providing bus service to visitors and residents looking to explore Lake Louise & Moraine Lake in summer.
We are adding mini-bus driver guides to our summer team and are looking for people who have a genuine appreciation for the Canadian Rockies, driving on a scenic mountain highway, and sharing in the enthusiasm of guests from around the world. You ideally love safely operating vehicles, enjoy working independently, are committed to treating customers with respect, tact, and diplomacy, and aren’t turned off by driving the same (beautiful) route all summer.
- Minibus drivers are responsible for the safe operation of a 24-pax minibus and must follow schedule guidelines, handle ticket sales, and be open to talking with pax about the Canadian Rockies, Lake Louise & Moraine Lake.
- Sunrise Shift: 3:30 am - 11:00am
- Sunset Shift: 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Shifts begin and end in Lake Louise
- Staff will rotate each week between Sunrise Shift and Sunset Shift
- Provide excellent customer service to our guests
- Efficiently keep to a scheduled itinerary
- Be warm, friendly and welcoming to all guests
- Properly operate all the electronic technology applications on the bus
- Attend all required training and staff meetings as requested
- Additional related tasks as required
- Deliver a safe and comfortable transportation experience aboard BusCo’s minibus by carrying out pre-trip inspections and attentive driving at all times
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Customer service focused with an ability to work professionally with the public
- Knowledge of the Bow Valley area considered an asset
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a composed manner
- A genuine appreciation for the Canadian Rockies, driving on scenic mountain highways, and sharing in the enthusiasm of guests from around the world
- Ability to handle cash and operate electronic equipment
Other Requirements, Conditions:
- Must have use of personal vehicle to drive to and from Lake Louise
- Minimum 23 years of age
- Driver’s license in good standing
- Clean driving abstract
- Must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Must be able to pass criminal record check
- Must be able to work schedule which includes evenings, weekends, statutory holidays, and some early mornings
- 100% of your gratuities
- Flexible Scheduling
- 4 days on / 3 days off
- Up to 44 hours/week
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 5 months
Salary: From $32.50 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
- Do you have a personal vehicle that you can drive to and from Lake Louise to get to work?
- Are you currently located in Banff or Canmore? PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN BANFF/CANMORE.
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-30