The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
The Marketing and Brand team at the University of Manitoba is looking for a talented and creative Digital Content Specialist, social media, to join our outstanding team. This position offers the opportunity to showcase UM's amazing research, beautiful campus, and outstanding programming to Manitobans, partners and future students.
As Digital Content Specialist, social media, you will create content that builds UM's reputation, makes people look twice and even offers a laugh or a “I didn’t know that” moment. You will help promote important research that is changing the world, you will share achievements of our alumni, and through the content you create and post, you will celebrate student, faculty and Indigenous achievement at UM and in the community.
If this sounds like a fit for you - apply today!
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Undergraduate degree related to Digital Marketing and/or Communications fields required.
· Three (3) years demonstrated experience developing and executing digital marketing/social media strategy required.
· Three (3) years demonstrated experience creating digital content including video, photography, graphics and writing.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Experience with online communities and social media engagement (Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, Snapchat, Threads etc.) required.
· Experience working with analytics and reporting required.
· Experience in content creation (writing, photography, creating videos and graphics) for digital platforms required.
· Experience with maintaining content calendars required.
· Experience with content management systems (such as Drupal, WordPress) required.
· Proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
· Proven creativity as seen through engaging online content required.
· Proficiency in developing social media channel strategies tailored to enhance the audience's overall engagement and experience required.
· Familiar with search engine optimization, user experience, usability and accessibility theory and practices.
· Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Closing Date: October 2, 2023
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $55,164.20-$77,732.20 per year
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-30