At EXP, we’re driven to provide innovative solutions for the world’s built and natural environments. As a team of engineers, architects, designers, scientists, creators and a community of professionals, we bring diverse and talented people together to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Here, you join a team that leverages differences, harnesses their entrepreneurial spirit in an employee-owned company, that believes diversity is what gives us strength, seeks sustainable results and shares ambitions for each other, our clients and the communities we are part of and serve. To be a part of EXP means to have your own experience, while staying connected to a global network of professionals, who believe we are a part of something bigger. Together, we are EXP.
Are you ready to design your future?
Be our next Civil Engineer
Your work environment at EXP
In this role, you’ll have the choice of joining one of our five (5) office locations within Atlantic Canada (Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John, Halifax, or Sydney). In recent years, we have prioritized significant investments to our physical office space to provide a bright, vibrant, highly functional, technologically advanced, and collaborative working environment for our team.
Regardless of your physical location, you will have the ability to collaborate seamlessly with EXP’s multidisciplinary team from within the region and across the company on some of Atlantic Canada’s largest and most exciting environmental projects! If desired, you will also be given the opportunity to contribute to unique and challenging projects outside of Atlantic Canada as well.
What a day at EXP has in store for you
- Maintain existing client relationships and develop new business in Atlantic Canada;
- Facilitate the promotion of engineering services to existing and potential customers.
- Preparation of proposals;
- Management of projects from initiation through to project closeout.
- Technical role:
- Municipal infrastructure design & implementation including water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, roads, subdivisions, water and wastewater treatment/ pumping systems, clay, GCL and HDPE liners and capping of industrial waste, and quarry reclamation;
- Preparation of technical reports;
- Budget management and hands-on leadership of staff for project execution, including: cost estimating/monitoring, control and scheduling of projects and communication with the client;
- Contractor relations for projects going through the tendering and construction phases;
- Project management including, client liaison, technical reviews, and preparation of specifications/bid documents, contract administration and construction reviews.
What your experience looks like
- P.Eng. Designation
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy!
- Willingness to work both outside and in an office environment.
- University degree in Civil Engineering
- Strong computer skills using word processing, spreadsheet, and graphics applications such as MS Word, Excel, AutoCAD, GIS
- Proficient problem-solving skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle to travel to job sites.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as advanced technical writing abilities;
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, thousands of creative professionals across EXP work together to deliver extraordinary experiences year after year.
What makes us different
The passion, enthusiasm, diversity and industry-leading capabilities of our employees make us who we are. We’re committed to providing a challenging work environment that cultivates career growth, encourages creativity and rewards excellence.
Find out more about life at EXP by visiting www.exp.com .